People Tweet Their #MiracleMoment in Honor of Flight 1549’s 10-Year Anniversary
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ten years ago today marks the landing of US Airways Flight 1549 into the Hudson River, led by heroic Capt. Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger. Earlier Tuesday, the passengers on board Flight 1549 gathered at the Charlotte Convention Center in honor of the decade that has passed since the “Miracle on the Hudson”. The Carolinas Air Museum encouraged users to tweet their #MiracleMoment at 3:31pm on Jan. 15 — the same time Sully landed the plane on the Hudson— in remembrance of this historical day. Sully later Tweeted, echoing the sentiments of the Carolinas Air Museum, encouraging people to use the hashtag.
The Carolinas Air Museum tweeted that the hashtag is a celebration of the “national feeling of hope” that arose after the event. Users quickly took to Twitter to share their own personal experiences, as well as memories of the day. Here are some of our favorite #MiracleMoment[s].
Those in the aviation community recounted the bravery of both Captain Sully, the crew and the passengers onboard Flight 1549.
The hashtag garnered an outpouring of support from more than just the AvGeek community. Those far and wide shared how Flight 1549 affected their lives.
Featured image of Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in front of the US Airways flight 1549 fuselage at the Carolinas Aviation Museum by Todd Sumlin/Charlotte Observer/MCT via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.