Drunk Passenger Pepper Sprayed at Orlando Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A drunk passenger waiting for his JetBlue flight at Orlando International Airport (MCO) was pepper sprayed by police officers after causing a violent scene at the flight’s gate.
The passenger, 45-year-old Brandon Strong, reportedly began harassing a woman while waiting at the airport’s Gate 3 for his flight to Salt Lake City, which had been pushed back from 6:45pm to 8:15pm. Strong called the woman passenger an obscene name, according to Orlando’s News 13, citing the police report for the incident.
After that encounter, a JetBlue staff member told Strong he wouldn’t be boarding the flight. Becoming upset, Strong approached the flight’s closed jetbridge door and said he would be “f—ing traveling.” When the JetBlue employee once again told him that he wouldn’t be boarding the flight, Strong grabbed the airline worker.
The JetBlue employee and other passengers tried to stop Strong. Police arrived on the scene and saw JetBlue supervisors running toward the gate. Police officers smelt alcohol on Strong’s breath when they began speaking to him. One officer attempted to detain Strong and told him to drop his bag and come with them. Strong refused and told the officer to release him or “bad things would happen.”
One more time, the officer told Strong that he needed to drop the bag or he would be pepper sprayed. He refused, so the officers pepper sprayed him. Airport officials said passengers nearby were affected by the spray and were given medical assistance at the gate. Even after the spray, the man continued to resist arrest and struggle against the handcuffs. Eventually, additional passengers and a JetBlue supervisor had to help the police officers hold down Strong to get the handcuffs on him.
— Sam (@Slake03) October 21, 2018
Additional police officers came to help remove Strong from the airport and to Orange County Jail, where he was charged with battery on a law enforcement officer, resisting an officer with violence, disorderly intoxication, battery and child neglect.
Strong’s 8-year-old son was at the gate for the entire skirmish, staying with JetBlue employees until another family member picked him up.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees