This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Things got weird on a Delta flight on Sunday when a woman aboard flight DL116 from Georgia to Stuttgart, Germany, sat down in the aisle of the plane and refused to get up.
A fellow passenger shot a video of the woman, Judith Rodriguez, 44, seated on the floor of the dark plane in some sort of altercation with the flight crew.
In the “little disorderly” situation, crew members attempt to remove Rodriguez from the aisle to no avail. “You’re going to be removed,” a man warns over the commotion. The video, while mostly dark, shows a group of crew members surrounding the Rodriguez on the floor while one of the crew members holds on to her outstretched arms. “Let’s go to your seat, dammit,” the same man eventually says.
Eventually, the cockpit was notified, and the plane was diverted to Bangor, Maine, for an emergency landing. Rodriguez was then removed from the plane and taken into custody, she has since been charged with assault. As of now, there is no known cause for Rodriguez’s strange behavior.
“The aircraft was met by local authorities, and the passenger deplaned the aircraft and was taken into custody. The aircraft resumed its flight to Stuttgart and arrived approximately two hours behind schedule,” Delta told Fox News. “Delta applauds the professionalism of our flight crew in managing the situation, and apologizes for any inconvenience to customers aboard Flight 116.”
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Earn unlimited 10x miles on hotel stays booked and paid through hotels.com/venture. Pair that with the Hotels.com Rewards program and you'll essentially be getting 20% off of hotel bookings! With the 50,000 mile sign-up bonus you can get up to $700 in value based on TPG's most recent valuations and you'll have the flexibility to transfer those miles to participating airline partners or redeem those miles on any purchase for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that