This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Things got weird on a Delta flight on Sunday when a woman aboard flight DL116 from Georgia to Stuttgart, Germany, sat down in the aisle of the plane and refused to get up.
A fellow passenger shot a video of the woman, Judith Rodriguez, 44, seated on the floor of the dark plane in some sort of altercation with the flight crew.
In the “little disorderly” situation, crew members attempt to remove Rodriguez from the aisle to no avail. “You’re going to be removed,” a man warns over the commotion. The video, while mostly dark, shows a group of crew members surrounding the Rodriguez on the floor while one of the crew members holds on to her outstretched arms. “Let’s go to your seat, dammit,” the same man eventually says.
Eventually, the cockpit was notified, and the plane was diverted to Bangor, Maine, for an emergency landing. Rodriguez was then removed from the plane and taken into custody, she has since been charged with assault. As of now, there is no known cause for Rodriguez’s strange behavior.
“The aircraft was met by local authorities, and the passenger deplaned the aircraft and was taken into custody. The aircraft resumed its flight to Stuttgart and arrived approximately two hours behind schedule,” Delta told Fox News. “Delta applauds the professionalism of our flight crew in managing the situation, and apologizes for any inconvenience to customers aboard Flight 116.”
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees