Passenger’s Strange Behavior Causes Delta Flight to Divert to Maine
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Things got weird on a Delta flight on Sunday when a woman aboard flight DL116 from Georgia to Stuttgart, Germany, sat down in the aisle of the plane and refused to get up.
A fellow passenger shot a video of the woman, Judith Rodriguez, 44, seated on the floor of the dark plane in some sort of altercation with the flight crew.
In the “little disorderly” situation, crew members attempt to remove Rodriguez from the aisle to no avail. “You’re going to be removed,” a man warns over the commotion. The video, while mostly dark, shows a group of crew members surrounding the Rodriguez on the floor while one of the crew members holds on to her outstretched arms. “Let’s go to your seat, dammit,” the same man eventually says.
Eventually, the cockpit was notified, and the plane was diverted to Bangor, Maine, for an emergency landing. Rodriguez was then removed from the plane and taken into custody, she has since been charged with assault. As of now, there is no known cause for Rodriguez’s strange behavior.
“The aircraft was met by local authorities, and the passenger deplaned the aircraft and was taken into custody. The aircraft resumed its flight to Stuttgart and arrived approximately two hours behind schedule,” Delta told Fox News. “Delta applauds the professionalism of our flight crew in managing the situation, and apologizes for any inconvenience to customers aboard Flight 116.”
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.