Passenger Has Major Meltdown Over Baggage Fees at Memphis Airport
A passenger at Memphis International Airport (MEM) went on a wild rampage and earned herself a first-class ticket to jail. The distraught passenger, Tamiko Waner, was shown in a Facebook video, now deleted, tossing around airport property and breaking a fire extinguisher off the wall, which resulted in a room full of fog.
“I don’t care about going to jail,” Warner said in the video. “Whatever. This is worth it.”
The reason behind the madness? The man who filmed the meltdown claimed that it was all over a $20 baggage fee. The most alarming part of the whole ordeal was that she was able to carry on her temper tantrum for nearly five minutes before anyone stopped her.
Eventually, an officer was called to the gate and Warner was taken into custody. She is facing charges for vandalism and disorderly conduct. The fire extinguisher fog caused damage to computers, phones and carpets worth up to $10,000.
According to Newsweek, “Vandalism charges vary in degree in Tennessee based on the financial value of what was damaged. Warner was charged with vandalism ranging from $2,500 to $10,000, which is considered a Class D felony. Penalties for the charge vary but can include between two and 12 years in prison, a probationary period, restitution and a fine of up to $5,000.”
If only she had read The Points Guy, she would have known how to avoid baggage fees.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees