Only in Canada: Calgary Has 2 Airport Moose
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The most Canadian thing happened at Calgary International Airport (YYC) this week.
Two moose showed up to a grassy area at the airport and settled down there, grazing and walking around just outside the airfield, drawing a significant amount of attention. According to Louis Simoni, who works at the airport, the moose have been “quite the celebrities around here the last three days.”
Locals are even heading to the airport just to catch a glimpse of the moose — not even flights.
Now, the pair of moose — a female and her calf — are being monitored by airport officials to ensure their safety and the safety of the public. TPG has seen many consequences of people approaching wild animals too closely, which is exactly what Calgary is trying to prevent. Recently, several people were injured by animals at Yellowstone because of their proximity to the park’s wild animals. (intentionally or not).
To combat this potential issue, the environmental specialist at the airport, Gary Kindrat, said that they’re “just making sure that people aren’t approaching the animals and scaring them into doing something that perhaps may not be a good thing.” Plus, they’re not planning on interfering with the moose unless they approach the landing strip or runway, in which case they would be herded away.
H/T: CTV News
Featured image by JEAN-CHRISTOPHE VERHAEGEN/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.