Oneworld Moving to Connect Boarding Passes From Multiple Airlines in One Place
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airline alliances certainly provide benefits for passengers as well as airlines. One headache for passengers, though, comes when your itinerary includes travel on multiple airlines within an alliance. Often, this means you can’t check in for a flight until you reach the airport, or even the gate for your connecting flight, if it’s on a different airline than your first flight.
Oneworld is trying to change the passenger experience for those flying itineraries on airlines with multiple alliance members. The alliance recently announced that passengers will soon be able to use the mobile app or website for their originating airline to check in for all flights on alliance airlines for a given itinerary.
Airlines that currently provide this service are Cathay Pacific and Qatar Airways. The alliance says that other airlines will be coming online over the next year.
In addition to checking in for your flights, Oneworld says that eventually passengers will be able to pay for seat selections and additional baggage fees across all airlines through each member’s mobile app. According to the alliance, it will take up to 18 months for the additional member airlines to make features and functions fully available.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Anna Zvereva via Wikipedia
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.