You Have 7 Days to Earn a Free Trip to Disney World
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the best online resources when you have a very specific Disney Parks question is unquestionably the Disney Parks Moms Panel. They have been there, done that and plan to do it again. They can tell you things like the best place to change a diaper, what rides a 9-month-old might enjoy, where to find a certain type of food in the parks, the quickest path to Haunted Mansion and whether the Halloween Parade is “scary” for a preschooler. The Disney Parks Moms that answer these questions are unpaid Disney evangelists (who are not all moms — so maybe a rename is in order), but make no mistake, these are very coveted and sought after positions.
There are rumors of thousands and thousands of applicants each year for a couple of dozen unpaid panel positions. You can find online articles, Facebook groups and more dedicated to how to apply and what the multi-step application process is like — think videos, writing samples and phone interviews. For just one week a year, Disney opens up applications to be on the next year’s Disney Parks Moms Panel and now is that time! If you want to share your Disney Parks knowledge with others who are planning trips to Walt Disney World, Disneyland or to sail on a Disney Cruise, you can apply from Sept. 5 – Sept. 12, 2018, to be on the 2019 Disney Parks Moms Panel.
Earn a free trip to Disney World or Disneyland
You might be wondering why people would apply and compete to work for 3- 6 hours per week answering online Disney questions in an unpaid position? For starters, those on the panel receive a Walt Disney World or Disneyland vacation for themselves and up to three members of their family in exchange for their year of service. That alone could be worth a few thousand dollars to a family looking to spend time with Mickey Mouse.
There is also a training trip to Disney World, the comrade of being on the panel and whatever other Pixie Dust is sprinkled on panelists throughout the year. I actually opened up the application and briefly considered applying myself a year or two ago before realizing I barely had time to complete the application, much less be on an unpaid panel. But I get it, Disney is a special place for many families. If you really love it, you might want to help others have their most magical trip ever, too.
Who can be on the Disney Parks Moms Panel?
To be considered for the panel you must have visited Disney World or Disneyland at least once in the last 12 months. For a Disney Cruise Line or Disney Vacation Club panel position, you must have experienced that vacation type in the last 24 months. You are expected to spend roughly 3 – 6 hours per week answering 10 – 20 questions for Disney visitors. This year, you must be available to travel to Walt Disney World from Nov. 27 – Dec. 1 for training sessions — family members are not allowed to accompany you on that training trip.
There are many other requirements you must meet to be on the panel, such not being a Disney employee, travel agent, hotel operator, etc. I’ve never heard anyone say they regretted being on the Disney Mom’s Panel, so if you want to help others while earning your own family’s next vacation to Disney World be sure and apply by Sept. 12.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.