Former President Obama Was Once Kicked Out of Disneyland
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Disneyland is known as “The Happiest Place on Earth.” But for a college-aged Barack Obama, the park’s Magic Kingdom wasn’t all that happy during one trip.
As former President Obama explained to a group of attendees at a California rally, he and a group of friends were once kicked out of Disneyland for smoking. No, not pot — cigarettes.
The group of friends had just finished attending a concert when they decided to take a ride on the park’s gondola attraction while smoking. It wasn’t long before two officers approached the then-college student and escorted the group out of the park for breaking its rules.
“This is a true story, everybody,” Obama said at the rally. “I was booted from the Magic Kingdom.”
On Saturday, Walt Disney Co. CEO Bob Iger tweeted the former president, letting him know that he was welcome back to the park — as long as he doesn’t smoke.
The company’s former CEO also reached out to Obama on Twitter, saying even though he wasn’t the CEO at the time of the incident, he wouldn’t have booted Obama if he had known he was going to be president.
Featured image by FrozenShutter / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.