Former President Obama Was Once Kicked Out of Disneyland
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Disneyland is known as “The Happiest Place on Earth.” But for a college-aged Barack Obama, the park’s Magic Kingdom wasn’t all that happy during one trip.
As former President Obama explained to a group of attendees at a California rally, he and a group of friends were once kicked out of Disneyland for smoking. No, not pot — cigarettes.
The group of friends had just finished attending a concert when they decided to take a ride on the park’s gondola attraction while smoking. It wasn’t long before two officers approached the then-college student and escorted the group out of the park for breaking its rules.
“This is a true story, everybody,” Obama said at the rally. “I was booted from the Magic Kingdom.”
On Saturday, Walt Disney Co. CEO Bob Iger tweeted the former president, letting him know that he was welcome back to the park — as long as he doesn’t smoke.
The company’s former CEO also reached out to Obama on Twitter, saying even though he wasn’t the CEO at the time of the incident, he wouldn’t have booted Obama if he had known he was going to be president.
Featured image by FrozenShutter / Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees