Get free museum admission with the COVID-19 shot at this New York City vaccination site
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Everyone in the U.S. who is 16 or older is now eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine, and cities, counties and states are working hard to get the word out and encourage residents to get the shot.
And some locations are getting especially creative.
COVID-19 vaccines are already completely free, but many Americans might need an extra boost to go and get theirs done.
Naturally, New York City is on the case: The former COVID-19 epicenter is working with the American Museum of Natural History to offer complimentary admission to anyone who gets vaccinated on site.
People will receive a voucher that up to four guests can use to book a future visit to the museum. While New York, New Jersey and Connecticut residents can usually choose to pay what they want, admission typically runs $23 for adults, $18 for seniors and students, and $13 for children.
The museum site will begin vaccinating eligible New York City residents this Friday, April 23, and will be open Friday to Tuesday of each week, from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.
As New York City councilmember Mark Levine noted in his tweet above, there are “tons” of available appointments at the moment. The site is also offering extra slots to New York City Housing Authority residents and staff and members of District Council 37, the city’s union representing employees working at the American Museum of Natural History and other New York City cultural institutions.
If you haven’t already booked your appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine, remember that, in many cases, travel will become far easier once your vaccination is complete, with vaccine passports unlocking entry to many cruise lines, select countries, tour operators and more. Being able to show proof of vaccination could even be your ticket to avoiding a battery of COVID-19 tests or lengthy quarantine requirements.
Featured photo courtesy of the American Museum of Natural History.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.