If you’re a nurse, you could win a free flight to the Caribbean
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: TPG has since learned that this (now-expired) free-flight promotion was only available to registered nurses who purchased a hotel stay with cash.
Calling all nurses! We know you need a vacation faster than you can say, “This won’t hurt a bit” — and CheapCaribbean wants to help with that. The company is sending 50 nurses (and their companions) to the Caribbean island of their choice. How’s that for some vitamin D?
To enter, sign up here by 11:59 p.m. CST on Nov. 4. By signing up, you’ll automatically join CheapCaribbean’s ER&R club, a special hub for nurses with exclusive deals. Then, on Nov. 5, you’ll get an email to register for the free flights. You’ll want to act fast, since the first 50 to enter are the lucky winners.
While CheapCaribbean is covering the cost of the flights, you’ll still have to pay for your own hotel, food, etc. Luckily for you, and for non-nurses too, we have some tips up our sleeves to make your stay in the Caribbean virtually free.
No matter which island you’re eyeing, Caribbean points hotels abound. In Aruba, we recommend the Marriott Stellaris or Ritz-Carlton; rates start at 50,000 and 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy points per night, respectively. In the Bahamas, there’s The Cove, with rates also starting at 60,000 Marriott points per night and the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar — only 20,000 World of Hyatt points nightly. In St. Kitts, there’s the Park Hyatt, where nights start at just 30,000 points, and the Marriott Resort & Royal Beach Casino, starting at just 35,000 points nightly. These are just a handful of examples of where your points can take you in the beautiful islands of the Caribbean.
If you don’t have enough Marriott or Hyatt points, remember that you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to both Marriott and Hyatt at a 1:1 ratio.
If you’d rather go the cash route and save your points for another occasion, that’s A-OK with us; as always, we recommend using a card that will earn you bonus points on hotel stays, such as the American Express® Green Card (3x), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x) and Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x).
The information for the Amex Green Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
See you on the beach.
Featured photo by Image Source/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees