If you’re a nurse, you could win a free flight to the Caribbean
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: TPG has since learned that this (now-expired) free-flight promotion was only available to registered nurses who purchased a hotel stay with cash.
Calling all nurses! We know you need a vacation faster than you can say, “This won’t hurt a bit” — and CheapCaribbean wants to help with that. The company is sending 50 nurses (and their companions) to the Caribbean island of their choice. How’s that for some vitamin D?
To enter, sign up here by 11:59 p.m. CST on Nov. 4. By signing up, you’ll automatically join CheapCaribbean’s ER&R club, a special hub for nurses with exclusive deals. Then, on Nov. 5, you’ll get an email to register for the free flights. You’ll want to act fast, since the first 50 to enter are the lucky winners.
While CheapCaribbean is covering the cost of the flights, you’ll still have to pay for your own hotel, food, etc. Luckily for you, and for non-nurses too, we have some tips up our sleeves to make your stay in the Caribbean virtually free.
No matter which island you’re eyeing, Caribbean points hotels abound. In Aruba, we recommend the Marriott Stellaris or Ritz-Carlton; rates start at 50,000 and 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy points per night, respectively. In the Bahamas, there’s The Cove, with rates also starting at 60,000 Marriott points per night and the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar — only 20,000 World of Hyatt points nightly. In St. Kitts, there’s the Park Hyatt, where nights start at just 30,000 points, and the Marriott Resort & Royal Beach Casino, starting at just 35,000 points nightly. These are just a handful of examples of where your points can take you in the beautiful islands of the Caribbean.
If you don’t have enough Marriott or Hyatt points, remember that you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to both Marriott and Hyatt at a 1:1 ratio.
If you’d rather go the cash route and save your points for another occasion, that’s A-OK with us; as always, we recommend using a card that will earn you bonus points on hotel stays, such as the American Express® Green Card (3x), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x) and Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x).
The information for the Amex Green Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
See you on the beach.
Featured photo by Image Source/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.