This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Low-cost carrier Norwegian continues to expand its foothold in the US even though it faces serious financial issues. The airline announced yesterday that it will be launching three new routes between Florida and Europe:
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Madrid (MAD)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Rome (FCO)
- Orlando (MCO) to Stockholm (ARN)
Norwegian will operate year round bi-weekly service from Fort Lauderdale to Rome and Madrid, with the flights launching on October 30. Schedules are as follows:
- DY7038 Fort Lauderdale (FLL) 11:30pm Departure → Rome (FCO) 1:50pm (+1) Arrival
- DY7037 Rome (FCO) 9:30am Departure → Fort Lauderdale (FLL) 2:45pm Arrival
- DY7752 Fort Lauderdale (FLL) 7:45pm Departure → Madrid (MAD) 8:50am (+1) Arrival
- DY7752 Madrid (MAD) 1:10pm Departure → Fort Lauderdale (FLL) 4:45pm Arrival
Orlando-Stockholm flights will only operate in the winter (ostensibly to ferry Swedes to sunny Florida during the country’s ice-cold winters) and twice-weekly service will begin on October 30 and end March 29, 2019. The schedule is as follows:
- DY7062 Orlando (MCO) 9:05pm Departure → Stockholm (ARN) 11:55am (+1) Arrival
- DY7061 Stockholm (ARN) 2:50pm Departure → Orlando (MCO) 7:05pm Arrival
Once the new flights start, Norwegian will operate 13 total routes between the sunshine state and Europe.
Boeing 787 Dreamliners will carry travelers between the destinations, although with the aircraft’s engine problems, the carrier has had to switch out some of its equipment for wetleased 747s and 777s. Norwegian’s Dreamliners have two cabins, premium and economy. Premium is laid out in a 2-3-2 configuration.
In economy you’ll find seats with 31 inches of pitch set up in a 3-3-3 layout.
One-way flights to Rome and Madrid start at $205 in economy and $574 in premium, and one-way flights to Stockholm start at $210 in economy and $890 in premium.
Norwegian is also adjusting its frequencies on some routes, making two routes summer only service:
- Fort Lauderdale to Paris (CDG) service will increase from two flights per week to four flights per week as of October 28, 2018.
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Paris service will increase from five flights per week to daily flights as of October 28, 2018.
- Oakland (OAK) to Paris service will decrease from five flights per week to three flights a week as of October 30, 2018.
- Oakland to Rome service will become a summer seasonal service, with last flight departing October 26, 2018.
- Los Angeles to Stockholm service will become a summer seasonal service, with last flight departing October 26, 2018.
Featured image by Victor / Flickr.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees