Norse Atlantic Airways announces low-cost transatlantic flights to London
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Low-cost service is returning to one of the world’s premier international air routes.
Norse Atlantic Airways, the upstart Norwegian low-cost, long-haul operator, on Friday announced it will soon begin service between New York City‘s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and London‘s Gatwick Airport (LGW).
The service starts on Aug. 12 and will operate daily. The flight departs London at 1 p.m. and arrives in New York at 3:55 p.m., all times local. The return flight from New York departs at 5:55 p.m. and lands at 6:20 a.m. the next day.
Introductory fares start at $322 (255 pounds) round trip.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter.
Norse operates the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner in a two-class configuration: premium class, with a 2-3-2 recliner layout, and economy class, with a 3-3-3 setup. Like its ultra-low-cost peers, Norse charges extra for everything from seat selection to carry-on bags to meals on its cheapest fares.
The airline will also operate a limited-time service from August through the end of October between LGW and Oslo Airport, Gardermoen (OSL), the airline’s home base. That flight starts at $52 (41 pounds) one-way.
“We are very pleased to now be able to welcome customers looking to book great value flights between London Gatwick and New York JFK,” Norse Atlantic CEO Bjorn Tore Larsen said in a statement. “Customers now have an affordable option allowing them to book a last-minute trip or a holiday of a lifetime with an airline that offers choice and flexibility.”
Norse launches flights between JFK and OSL on June 14. The airline will also serve Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL), Orlando International Airport (MCO) and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) from OSL.
Norse shares some lineage with Norwegian Air‘s long-haul operation, which was shuttered during the COVID-19 pandemic. Its shareholders include members of Norwegian’s management team, including its founder, Bjorn Kjos. Both airlines also used 787s.
Featured photo courtesy of Norse Atlantic Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees