No Bedbugs on Our Planes, Air India Claims
A thorough search of Air India’s planes turned up no bed bugs anywhere, the airline announced on Twitter Thursday, contradicting recent complaints from passengers, including an incident in which two babies were covered in bites.
The airline had promised to investigate allegations of an infestation after a July flight from Newark (EWR) to Mumbai (BOM) in which parents in business class discovered that their two crying infants had several bites and that the seats were “infested” with bed bugs. The father of the two girls took his indignation to social media, calling out to India’s prime minister and head of civil aviation to address the problem.
With its tweet Thursday, the airline cast doubt on the passengers’ reports, since it seemed to deny that there was evidence of the parasites, which are notoriously to eradicate. The company didn’t go into further detail about the kind of search that was done, the number of aircraft it checked out or why the vessels were fumigated if no bed bugs were found. A spokeswoman for the company did not immediately return requests for comment.
Air India, meanwhile, has suffered woes of its own, including being put up for sale only to find potential buyers avoiding it like it had, well, bed bugs.
Featured photo by smuay/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.