New York’s JFK Celebrates National Business Traveler Day
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Tuesday, Terminal 5 at New York’s JFK was transformed from a terminal to a talk show stage in honor of National Business Traveler Day (NBTD), an event by Upside. JetBlue opened up its terminal to promote NBTD, a day that honors the two million business people who travel for business every workday. Comedians Tripp and Tyler hosted the event, and the duo offered prizes as well as snacks, drinks and phone-charging stations for travelers on the go. Business travelers also had the chance enter a contest to win free first-class upgrades for 20 years on domestic flights, $25,000 worth of gift cards, $5,000 of car rental credits, two international roundtrip business-class tickets, as well as many other prizes.
After passing through security, the main hall of T5 was transformed into the stage, complete with cameras rolling and curious travelers picking up free swag. Travelers had the chance to interact with NBTD brand ambassadors and had the opportunity to learn more about the inaugural event.
Upside Business Travel teamed up with more than 20 other companies — including TPG — to sponsor NBTD. Giveaway prizes, upgrades and special lounges were set up at airports across the country, and sponsors contributed giveaways for business travelers at the select airports. Prizes included 24 Hour Fitness day passes, Blue Bottle Coffee drink cards, free audiobook downloads from Audible and XpresSpa gift cards.
JetBlue also sponsored the pop-ups for NBTD at its terminal, and the airline offered JetBlue swag in addition to snacks and libations for busy travelers. Tripp and Tyler conducted interviews and raised awareness on life of the typical business traveler. The two eventually walked around the terminal to entice people to play a version of horseshoes where the horseshoes were replaced with travel neck pillows. The prize for successfully ringing the pillow around a pole? A travel neck pillow. Full disclosure: It’s harder than it looks.
This day dedicated to the business traveler hopes to promote what Upside calls, “the unspoken heroes of the American economy.” Business travel accounts for 3% of the national GDP but, that’s nothing compared to the time these travelers are away from their home and office. Upside hopes to recognize the efforts of these people who sacrifice the comforts of their daily lives for progress in the workplace.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees