New York’s JFK Celebrates National Business Traveler Day
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Tuesday, Terminal 5 at New York’s JFK was transformed from a terminal to a talk show stage in honor of National Business Traveler Day (NBTD), an event by Upside. JetBlue opened up its terminal to promote NBTD, a day that honors the two million business people who travel for business every workday. Comedians Tripp and Tyler hosted the event, and the duo offered prizes as well as snacks, drinks and phone-charging stations for travelers on the go. Business travelers also had the chance enter a contest to win free first-class upgrades for 20 years on domestic flights, $25,000 worth of gift cards, $5,000 of car rental credits, two international roundtrip business-class tickets, as well as many other prizes.
After passing through security, the main hall of T5 was transformed into the stage, complete with cameras rolling and curious travelers picking up free swag. Travelers had the chance to interact with NBTD brand ambassadors and had the opportunity to learn more about the inaugural event.
Upside Business Travel teamed up with more than 20 other companies — including TPG — to sponsor NBTD. Giveaway prizes, upgrades and special lounges were set up at airports across the country, and sponsors contributed giveaways for business travelers at the select airports. Prizes included 24 Hour Fitness day passes, Blue Bottle Coffee drink cards, free audiobook downloads from Audible and XpresSpa gift cards.
JetBlue also sponsored the pop-ups for NBTD at its terminal, and the airline offered JetBlue swag in addition to snacks and libations for busy travelers. Tripp and Tyler conducted interviews and raised awareness on life of the typical business traveler. The two eventually walked around the terminal to entice people to play a version of horseshoes where the horseshoes were replaced with travel neck pillows. The prize for successfully ringing the pillow around a pole? A travel neck pillow. Full disclosure: It’s harder than it looks.
This day dedicated to the business traveler hopes to promote what Upside calls, “the unspoken heroes of the American economy.” Business travel accounts for 3% of the national GDP but, that’s nothing compared to the time these travelers are away from their home and office. Upside hopes to recognize the efforts of these people who sacrifice the comforts of their daily lives for progress in the workplace.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.