Does the New York Stock Exchange Know the Difference Between Sweden and Switzerland?
If you thought you had a rough day at work Tuesday, at least you didn’t hang up the wrong flag for Spotify’s initial public offering.
The New York Stock Exchange celebrated the music streaming company’s IPO by hanging up the Swiss flag before opening bell. The only problem? Spotify is a Swedish company—and social media users quickly caught on to the mistake.
Not pictured: frazzled NYSE interns Googling “Swedish flag” before swapping the Swiss one out (probably, we can’t confirm this). An hour later, the correct one was hanging up.
In a since-deleted tweet, the NYSE gave a possible explanation as to why the wrong flag was raised. Allegedly, “Our flag guy was rocking his Spotify playlist a little hard this morning and grabbed the wrong flag.” Maybe he was listening to The Weeknd’s new album?
They also issued this statement. Props to their social manager for being witty and quick-thinking.
In fact, the Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce New England wasn’t even offended by the incident — going so far as to say that it’s a “common mistake.”
Can’t argue with that logic.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees