Starting soon: Here’s how New Yorkers can get free lunch this afternoon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re in the tri-state area, listen up.
Today, May 17, Grubhub will offer free lunch to everyone in New York City and the surrounding areas. More specifically, you’ll get up to $15 off your next order, regardless of whether you’re a new or existing user. This promotion was first brought to our attention by Instagram user @mal2ianne.
The offer is available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., or while supplies last. Grubhub expects high demand, so the sooner you place your order, the better. The terms and conditions don’t specify what surrounding areas are eligible, but according to a statement Grubhub provided Thrillist, they should include “the surrounding New York and New Jersey areas, including most counties in New Jersey, Long Island and parts of Pennsylvania.”
To take advantage of the offer, you must enter the promo code “FREELUNCH” at check out. Pick-up orders should be eligible so you can save on delivery fees and tips. The discount just can’t be used on catering or group orders or orders containing alcohol.
Although you can’t combine discount codes, this offer can be stacked with the American Express® Gold Card’s up to $120 annual dining credit. So, if you haven’t used your $10 statement credit yet this month, you’ll be able to get $25 worth of free food from Grubhub. Just make sure you’ve enrolled for this perk through the Amex website.
Want more food delivery discounts like this? Check out our regularly updated list of DoorDash, Grubhub and Uber Eats promo codes.
Featured photo by Marie Kazalia/EyeEm.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees