This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Many frequent flyers would agree that United already offered one of the most powerful airline apps in the biz. Still, the airline decided it was time for a refresh, and as of Thursday morning, the new version is now live.
Thankfully, United didn’t take anything away with this update — the design has changed significantly on several of the more popular pages, but all of the previous functionality remains.
Features like flight progress cards, a redesigned trips page and milestone recognition join recent additions like Expert Mode and easy access to streaming entertainment on Wi-Fi-equipped planes.
As of this morning, you should be able to pull up the new design yourself. Just make sure you update your app to version 3.0.0 — now available for Android and iOS — log out and then back in, and you should be good to go!
Featured image by Zach Honig/TPG
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees