This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Uber has become a staple for many travelers. So, here’s a quick and easy way to save on your next Uber rides. There are two new promotion codes available that help you save a combined $30 off upcoming rides:
- FIVEOFFTWO: Save $5 off each of your next two rides (maximum $10 savings)
- TWOOFFTEN: Save $2 off each of your next 10 rides (maximum $20 savings)
Terms: Codes must be entered by June 22, 2018 for rides valid through July 6, 2018. Promotions are only valid “up to 14 days after entered.” If you’re an infrequent rider, you might want to wait until hailing your next Uber before applying a code.
Maximizing: You can apply both promotions to your account, but only the most-recent code added will be applied to next ride. Also, the promotional code is only valid for 14 days after being added to your account. So, to maximize your savings, I’d recommend adding the FIVEOFFTWO code first. After taking both rides and saving $10, then enter the TWOOFFTEN code to your account to save up to $20 total off your next 10 rides.
How to Add Promo Codes: Open the app and select the menu at the top right of the main screen. Tap Payment and scroll down to select “Add Promo Code” at the bottom. Type in the promotion code and tap Add.
Save More on Uber Rides: If you’re a frequent Uber rider, make sure that you consider getting a Platinum Card® from American Express. You can save up to $200 off Uber rides each year thanks to the card’s $15/month Uber credit ($25 in December). Other great perks of the card include $200 in airline fee credits, access to Amex’s top-tier Centurion Lounges plus another 1,000+ lounges through Priority Pass, reimbursed Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fees, hotel elite status and more.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That's up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees