New Offer: Earn Up to 30,000 Rapid Rewards Points Through Southwest-Turo Partnership
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Now through Oct 15, you can earn Southwest Rapid Rewards points through a new partnership with the car-sharing service Turo. Both new and existing Turo users can link their Rapid Rewards account to their Turo account and start earning rewards for every trip.
Turo is a car rental platform that operates similar to Airbnb, allowing locals to list their personal vehicles for visitors to rent. It’s available in 49 states (New York being the only holdout), as well as Canada, the UK and Germany. The app is easy to use with a variety of vehicle options for pretty much any price point, and you can occasionally find some great deals. TPG staffers have had generally positive experiences when renting a vehicle through Turo.
New Turo users will earn 2,000 Rapid Rewards points after completing their first trip. Both new and existing users will then earn 500 points for every trip taken after. When you list your own vehicle on the site and “host” your first trip, you’ll also earn 10,000 points. Note, trips taken and hosted must be worth at least $50 in order to earn rewards. Additionally, trips booked during the promotional period must be taken by July 1, 2020.
Linking your account is easy to do through Turo’s website. Simply sign-up or login to your Turo account, head over to the Southwest Partnership page, and input your Rapid Rewards account information. Once you’ve earned points by renting a car or hosting your first trip, you should see the bonus points deposited into your Southwest account 30 days after the end of your trip.
Whether you are new to Turo or a returning user, this offer is an easy way to top off your Rapid Rewards account this summer with up to 30,000 bonus points.
However, there’s a way to earn even more points through this promotion, but you’ll need to act quick. There’s currently an Amex Offer where you can earn 4,500 Membership Rewards points after spending $150 on Turo before August 20. Make sure to check your Amex Offers and add the deal to your American Express card before you rent a vehicle through Turo.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.