The New Long-Range, Narrow-Body Airbus, and More Stories From This Week
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know.
On Friday morning, the Federal Aviation Administration issued a Notice to Airmen, an official instruction to pilots of US-registered aircraft, banning them from flying over Iranian-administered airspace in the Persian Gulf and Gulf of Oman.
The good, the bad and the ugly, as told by TPG’s Summer Hull.
The A321XLR will have a range of 4,700 nautical miles, or about 5,400 miles — 15% more than the A321LR, its closest counterpart.
These special routes make it a whole lot easier to root on your alma mater.
Hint: It has to do with Universal Studios.
Visitors will once again be able to explore the historic site.
No longer will you have to reach 75 elite-qualifying nights for Spire Elite status.
The order includes both the 737 MAX 8 and the 737 MAX 10.
Applications are open — here’s how to be considered.
There are discounts available!
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.