Hotel or sculpture? Hyatt’s new stunning European property will amaze you
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hyatt shared the news on Tuesday, Jan. 26, that it would continue its expansion into Europe with management agreements for properties in Estonia and Georgia in the eastern half of the continent.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The 168-room Hyatt Place Tallinn will become the Chicago-based chain’s first Hyatt-branded property in the Baltic nation when it opens in 2023. It’s going to be situated near the Estonian capital’s beautiful Old Town and the Old City Harbor — one of Europe’s busiest passenger ports.
The surrounding area is set to get a thorough makeover, too. For example, The Linnahall, former home to sporting and cultural events, will be converted into “a concert hall and convention center,” according to a press release.
Hyatt Place Tallinn will also feature a lobby restaurant and bar, a gym and “flexible event spaces.” The select-service hotel will join the five existing and six in-development Hyatt Place properties across Europe.
In addition to the Hyatt Place Tallinn, it announced the opening of the Hyatt Centric Boulevard Batumi in the Republic of Georgia. When it opens in 2025, the Hyatt Centric Batumi will feature 180 rooms, including 14 suites, a restaurant and lobby bar, a gym, a spa and almost 6,000 square feet of meeting space.
Batumi is a resort town on the Black Sea that’s become an emerging tourist destination in the region. The city features a sprawling beachfront promenade, beautifully preserved 19th-century architecture in its Old Town, the Batumi Botanical Gardens, which feature plants, flowers and other fauna from around the world and more.
Perhaps most interesting, though, is the architecture and design of the hotel itself. The Hyatt Centric will be part of a larger development called Alliance Centropolis, which is set to include residences, a mall and the World Trade Center Batumi.
Renderings of the project show three connected towers that resemble inverted parabolas (I had to pull out my high school Geometry textbook for that, too) covered in shimmering glass rising above the shoreline of the Black Sea.
The Hyatt Centric Batumi is expected to be the brand’s ninth property in Europe, joining existing hotels in places like Madrid, Istanbul, Venice, Milan and more.
Featured rendering courtesy of Hyatt
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees