Hyatt Points + Cash Flash Sale Returns With New List of Discounted Properties
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Back in January, we shared a Hyatt Points + Cash flash sale offering hotel nights as cheap as $17 plus 2,500 Hyatt points. Now, the deal is back with a new list of hotels where you can save up to $72 off the cash co-pay of a Points + Cash stay.
If you aren’t familiar, Hyatt Points + Cash awards can be a great redemption option. Instead of redeeming a night at the full points cost, you can select a Points + Cash redemption to use half the points while paying a cash co-pay. And, some of these options can be especially good. For example, there’s a sweet spot at Category 2-6 hotels where you can effectively “buy” Hyatt points this way for 1.2 to 1.4 cents each when choosing the Points + Cash option. For reference, TPG values Hyatt points at 1.8 cents per point.
While Points + Cash can already be a good deal, today we’re finding even-cheaper cash co-pays for certain Hyatt properties. This unadvertised sale effectively lets you buy Hyatt points for as little as 0.78 cents per point when making a Points + Cash redemption.
For reference, here are the normal Points + Cash booking rates:
|Points + Cash
|1||5,000||2,500 + $50|
|2||8,000||4,000 + $55|
|3||12,000||6,000 + $75|
|4||15,000||7,500 + $100|
|5||20,000||10,000 + $125|
|6||25,000||12,500 + $150|
|7||30,000||15,000 + $300|
Extreme Hotel Deals — which broke this deal — has compiled the following list of properties currently booking at cheaper rates:
|Hotel Name||Discount Rate||Standard Cash +
|Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie||$32 + 4,000||$55 + 4,000||$23|
|Hyatt Hyderabad Gachibowli||$33 + 2,500||$50 + 2,500||$17|
|Park Hyatt Hyderabad||$34 + 4,000||$55 + 4,000||$21|
|Hyatt Place Denver Airport||$38 + 4,000||$55 + 4,000||$17|
|Hyatt Place Washington Dc/Us Capitol||$50 + 6,000||$75 + 6,000||$25|
|Hyatt Regency Changbaishan||$50 + 6,000||$75 + 6,000||$25|
|Hyatt Place Santa Cruz||$60 + 7,500||$100 + 7,500||$40|
|Hyatt Regency Sydney||$78 + 10,000||$150 + 10,000||$72|
Since this is an unadvertised sale, there may be even more hotels that have discounted Points + Cash rates beyond the ones above. However, keep in mind that unlike regular Hyatt point awards — which are supposed to be available any time a base-level room is available — Points + Cash award inventory is at the discretion of the hotel, so you may not always find a Points + Cash room during a search.
But if you have an upcoming potential Hyatt stay that you’re considering booking with points, make sure to check the Points + Cash option and look closely at the cash co-pay amount to see if it might be lower than usual, turning a good deal into a great deal.
H/T: Extreme Hotel Deals
Featured image courtesy of Hyatt.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.