Hyatt Points + Cash Flash Sale Returns With New List of Discounted Properties
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Back in January, we shared a Hyatt Points + Cash flash sale offering hotel nights as cheap as $17 plus 2,500 Hyatt points. Now, the deal is back with a new list of hotels where you can save up to $72 off the cash co-pay of a Points + Cash stay.
If you aren’t familiar, Hyatt Points + Cash awards can be a great redemption option. Instead of redeeming a night at the full points cost, you can select a Points + Cash redemption to use half the points while paying a cash co-pay. And, some of these options can be especially good. For example, there’s a sweet spot at Category 2-6 hotels where you can effectively “buy” Hyatt points this way for 1.2 to 1.4 cents each when choosing the Points + Cash option. For reference, TPG values Hyatt points at 1.8 cents per point.
While Points + Cash can already be a good deal, today we’re finding even-cheaper cash co-pays for certain Hyatt properties. This unadvertised sale effectively lets you buy Hyatt points for as little as 0.78 cents per point when making a Points + Cash redemption.
For reference, here are the normal Points + Cash booking rates:
|Points + Cash
|1||5,000||2,500 + $50|
|2||8,000||4,000 + $55|
|3||12,000||6,000 + $75|
|4||15,000||7,500 + $100|
|5||20,000||10,000 + $125|
|6||25,000||12,500 + $150|
|7||30,000||15,000 + $300|
Extreme Hotel Deals — which broke this deal — has compiled the following list of properties currently booking at cheaper rates:
|Hotel Name||Discount Rate||Standard Cash +
|Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie||$32 + 4,000||$55 + 4,000||$23|
|Hyatt Hyderabad Gachibowli||$33 + 2,500||$50 + 2,500||$17|
|Park Hyatt Hyderabad||$34 + 4,000||$55 + 4,000||$21|
|Hyatt Place Denver Airport||$38 + 4,000||$55 + 4,000||$17|
|Hyatt Place Washington Dc/Us Capitol||$50 + 6,000||$75 + 6,000||$25|
|Hyatt Regency Changbaishan||$50 + 6,000||$75 + 6,000||$25|
|Hyatt Place Santa Cruz||$60 + 7,500||$100 + 7,500||$40|
|Hyatt Regency Sydney||$78 + 10,000||$150 + 10,000||$72|
Since this is an unadvertised sale, there may be even more hotels that have discounted Points + Cash rates beyond the ones above. However, keep in mind that unlike regular Hyatt point awards — which are supposed to be available any time a base-level room is available — Points + Cash award inventory is at the discretion of the hotel, so you may not always find a Points + Cash room during a search.
But if you have an upcoming potential Hyatt stay that you’re considering booking with points, make sure to check the Points + Cash option and look closely at the cash co-pay amount to see if it might be lower than usual, turning a good deal into a great deal.
H/T: Extreme Hotel Deals
Featured image courtesy of Hyatt.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees