Get your light saber out: Disney plans more Star Wars cruises for 2021
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Disney announced on Thursday its popular Star Wars Day at Sea program would return next year on nine voyages of the Disney Fantasy. The trips will take place between January and March.
Launched in 2016, the Star Wars Day at Sea program brings a full day of Star Wars celebrations that include meet-and-greets with characters; Star Wars-themed family and kid activities; and special food and beverage offerings.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
For Disneyana-loving types, there’s also special merchandise with a Star Wars theme. You’ll also get Star Wars movie screenings, trivia sessions and “a shipwide porg-themed adventure.” You know what porgs are, right? If not, you’re just not watching enough Disney+.
Disney’s Star Wars Day at Sea program recently made our list of the world’s most unusual theme cruises. And for good reason. Is it possible to not love a cruise with its very own Jedi training program (alas, it’s only for the little ones).
Jedi training aside, perhaps the best part of taking one of these trips, if you’re a Star Wars fan, is that it will give you an excuse to wear all those Star Wars outfits you’re secretly hiding away in your closet. Passengers are encouraged to dress up for the at-sea Star Wars days, and there are official costume celebrations, too.
All nine of the Star Wars Day at Sea voyages in 2021 will depart from Disney’s main cruise hub, Florida’s Port Canaveral.
Three of the sailings will be Eastern Caribbean voyages with stops at Tortola in the British Virgin Islands; St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands; and Castaway Cay.
One of the trips will be an Eastern Caribbean sailing with calls at St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay.
Unveiled in 2012, Disney Fantasy is Disney’s newest ship. Like its sister, Disney Dream, it’s a relatively large ship designed for 2,500 passengers at double occupancy. With every pull-down bunk and convertible sofa occupied, it can hold up to 4,000 people.
After nearly a decade without growth, Disney’s four-ship cruise division is about to enter expansion mode again in a big way. It has ordered three new ships from the Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany (the same shipyard that built Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream). The new ships will begin rolling out in 2022.
Looking for more on Disney and Star Wars? Check out these stories:
- How to use points to buy Disney tickets
- Inside United’s new Star Wars plane
- Everything we know about Disney’s Star Wars hotel
- The essential guide to the new Stars Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland
- First look at Disney’s Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance attraction
Feature photo courtesy of Disney Cruise Line
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees