New Credit Card Targets Non-Profit Organizations
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – U.S. Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature Card
There are many types of business credit cards out there, with options for startups, freelancers, large enterprises and everyone in between. And now, there’s one specifically for non-profit organizations.
The Charity Charge Nonprofit Business Mastercard, issued by Commerce Bank, is the first-of-its-kind card to offer benefits specifically geared toward non-profits. Although there are many ways charities can maximize points, Charity Charge went with a cash-back model. According to the company, it doesn’t want its users to have to jump through any hoops to redeem rewards.
With the card, organizations get 1% cash back on every purchase that’s automatically applied to their monthly statements. There are many cash-back business cards that offer better returns than that, but this one offers some unique perks that can be useful for non-profits.
Perhaps the most notable feature is that unlike most business credit cards, the Charity Charge Nonprofit doesn’t require a personal guarantor. This means that the bank doesn’t run personal credit checks for any individuals listed on the application and doesn’t report account activity to any consumer credit bureaus. The company has also partnered with PurchasingPoint, a discount program for nonprofits so that cardholders receive deals at FedEx, Enterprise, Staples and other affiliated places that businesses often rely on. Other perks include the standard suite of Mastercard BusinessCard benefits, such as purchase protection and extended warranty.
The card has no annual fee and has a relatively low APR of 14.9%, but remember the first and most important of TPG‘s Ten Commandments for Travel Rewards Credit Cards: “thou shalt pay thy balance in full.” The company says it makes money through a share of vendor processing fees. Launch clients include the international humanitarian aid group Global Impact, 1% for the Planet and chapters of the United Way, Junior League and YMCA.
Aside from the Charity Charge Nonprofit, Charity Charge offers consumer and business cards that earn 1% cash back that is automatically donated to the charities of the card holder’s choice. However, if you’re thinking about using a personal credit card for charitable donations, you could be better off using a card like the the U.S. Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature Card which offers 2 points per dollar on charitable donations as a permanent bonus category, or The Blue Business®️ Plus Credit Card from American Express that offers 2 Membership Rewards points per dollar on all purchases, up to the first $50,000 per calendar year (then 1x thereafter).
Featured image by Hero Images / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees