This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As more and more airlines phase out international first class, they’re upping their business class offerings. Besides improving products on board, many airlines are also completely revamping the on-the-ground experience. In the past year alone, Air Canada, American Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Iberia, Qantas and United have all turned heads with brand new international business-class lounges. And now, Air France, too, has a new 34,000-square-foot lounge at Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) to show off.
The newly overhauled lounge is located in Hall L of Terminal 2E, from where many overseas flights depart, and is accessible by international first and business class passengers, as well as SkyTeam Elite Plus members traveling in economy with any SkyTeam carrier. Alternatively, day passes can be purchased for €45 (~$53). Since Delta operates out of of 2E at CDG, this is the go-to lounge for Delta One and eligible elite fliers. Do note that only those flying outside the Schengen area can enter.
Food & Drink
While the lounge doesn’t offer a-la-carte dining per se, it does have a “Gourmet Table” dining area, featuring an open kitchen where chefs prepare dishes in front of customers.
There are also hot and cold buffets, and a selection of wines chosen by the airline’s sommelier, Paolo Basso.
The highlight of the food and beverage offerings, however, is at the 1,700-square-foot bar area, better known as Le Balcon. Every evening from 7:00pm-9:00pm, Air France offers a selection of cocktails (and mocktails) specially designed by the head bartender of the Hotel Lancaster in Paris. The custom drinks include the “Un air de Paris,” consisting of champagne, cointreau and cognac, and a rotating destination cocktail of the month inspired by the cities Air France serves.
The space itself, designed by Mathieu Lehanneur, is quite swanky with a white marble bar at the center, a succession of theatrical box seats upholstered in blue velvet and a gold-paneled ceiling. There is also an LED screen integrated into the parquet floor depicting an image of the sky in real time.
Besides boozing up visitors, the lounge offers a nearly 6,000-square-foot wellness area where guests can refresh, relax and recharge before their flight. That’s the largest wellness area of any Air France lounge, including its phenomenal La Première First Class Lounge. It offers features like an “Instant Relaxation” area complete with loungers and La Première-looking mini-suites, and a detox bar serving flavored Evian infusions and detox teas from Palais des Thés.
There are also boudoir-like shower suites and two private saunas.
But if you really want to pamper yourself, you’ll want to take take advantage of the complimentary 20-minute facial treatment at the Clarins spa. Just remember to make a booking as soon as you arrive.
Children, too, will have fun in the new lounge with a dedicated kid’s zone complete with Sony PS4s and other games.
As Europe’s second-busiest airport, premium and elite passengers have a lot to look forward to the next time they travel through CDG. And if you aren’t eligible for lounge access, amenities like the complimentary Clarins spa treatments may help justify paying the ~$53 for a day pass. The lounge is open from 5:30am to 11:30pm daily.
Images courtesy of Air France.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees