This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It may be a sweltering 100 degrees in New York right now — give or take a few degrees — but, according to Starbucks, it’s apparently a beautiful day to get a nice, warm, pumpkin spice latte.
That’s right, Starbucks’ famed PSL came back on Tuesday, which means the fall hysteria, (a $100 million boon for the coffee chain, Forbes estimated in 2015) has officially begun. So get out your Ugg boots and leggings, and pretend that today isn’t the hottest day of the year. May we suggest getting one iced, though?
Starbucks isn’t the only company that is trying to start fall in the summer. American Airlines will be having some new beers on board starting Sept. 1. According to the airline, the Sam Adams beer will turn into a rotational, starting with Octoberfest and shifting to another seasonal flavor after two months. American’s selection of potent autumn potables will also feature a Goose Island IPA and a Fat Tire Belgian White. Let’s just say the airline is jumping on the pumpkin
If autumnal flavors aren’t your thing, and you want to avoid all things pumpkin spice, you might want to try one of these anti-fall foliage, anti-pumpkin trips. We guarantee there won’t be a single Starbucks in sight.
But, if you are going to take advantage of the most “basic” day of the year, be sure to use a credit card that racks up points on dining, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x). You should also keep an eye out for Starbucks’ new rewards program, launching sometime next year.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees