This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It may be a sweltering 100 degrees in New York right now — give or take a few degrees — but, according to Starbucks, it’s apparently a beautiful day to get a nice, warm, pumpkin spice latte.
That’s right, Starbucks’ famed PSL came back on Tuesday, which means the fall hysteria, (a $100 million boon for the coffee chain, Forbes estimated in 2015) has officially begun. So get out your Ugg boots and leggings, and pretend that today isn’t the hottest day of the year. May we suggest getting one iced, though?
Starbucks isn’t the only company that is trying to start fall in the summer. American Airlines will be having some new beers on board starting Sept. 1. According to the airline, the Sam Adams beer will turn into a rotational, starting with Octoberfest and shifting to another seasonal flavor after two months. American’s selection of potent autumn potables will also feature a Goose Island IPA and a Fat Tire Belgian White. Let’s just say the airline is jumping on the pumpkin
If autumnal flavors aren’t your thing, and you want to avoid all things pumpkin spice, you might want to try one of these anti-fall foliage, anti-pumpkin trips. We guarantee there won’t be a single Starbucks in sight.
But, if you are going to take advantage of the most “basic” day of the year, be sure to use a credit card that racks up points on dining, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x). You should also keep an eye out for Starbucks’ new rewards program, launching sometime next year.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Earn unlimited 10x miles on hotel stays booked and paid through hotels.com/venture. Pair that with the Hotels.com Rewards program and you'll essentially be getting 20% off of hotel bookings! With the 50,000 mile sign-up bonus you can get up to $700 in value based on TPG's most recent valuations and you'll have the flexibility to transfer those miles to participating airline partners or redeem those miles on any purchase for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that