Nevermind That It’s 100 Degrees Outside, Pumpkin Spice Season Has Officially Begun
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It may be a sweltering 100 degrees in New York right now — give or take a few degrees — but, according to Starbucks, it’s apparently a beautiful day to get a nice, warm, pumpkin spice latte.
That’s right, Starbucks’ famed PSL came back on Tuesday, which means the fall hysteria, (a $100 million boon for the coffee chain, Forbes estimated in 2015) has officially begun. So get out your Ugg boots and leggings, and pretend that today isn’t the hottest day of the year. May we suggest getting one iced, though?
Starbucks isn’t the only company that is trying to start fall in the summer. American Airlines will be having some new beers on board starting Sept. 1. According to the airline, the Sam Adams beer will turn into a rotational, starting with Octoberfest and shifting to another seasonal flavor after two months. American’s selection of potent autumn potables will also feature a Goose Island IPA and a Fat Tire Belgian White. Let’s just say the airline is jumping on the pumpkin
If autumnal flavors aren’t your thing, and you want to avoid all things pumpkin spice, you might want to try one of these anti-fall foliage, anti-pumpkin trips. We guarantee there won’t be a single Starbucks in sight.
But, if you are going to take advantage of the most “basic” day of the year, be sure to use a credit card that racks up points on dining, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x). You should also keep an eye out for Starbucks’ new rewards program, launching sometime next year.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.