National Aviation Day: TPG Staffers Share Their Most AvGeek-y Moments
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If there’s one thing TPG staffers love more than the thrill of the points and miles game, it’s the art (and science) of aviation. From regional jets to the A380, planes are a religion around these parts.
In honor of August 19, National Aviation Day (which should be a national holiday, if you ask us), we’re sharing a few of our most memorable AvGeek moments.
Scott Mayerowitz, Executive Editorial Editor
Alberto Riva, Managing Editor
Emily McNutt, Global News Editor
Benét Wilson, Credit Cards Editor
Ned Russell, Aviation Reporter
Wallace Cotton, Community Manager
Summer Hull, Editorial Director
Victoria Walker; Points, Miles and Deals Reporter
Zach Griff, Travel Analyst
JT Genter, Senior Points and Miles Writer
Benji Stawski, TPG Contributor
Zach Honig, Editor-at-Large
Can’t make it to Maho Beach for a little planespotting to celebrate this holiday? Check out these 5 must-see museum and tours for aviation enthusiasts, or turn on one of these 10 great aviation documentaries.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by aviation-images.com/Universal Images Group via Getty Images
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.