Narita Airport to Allow Connecting US Passengers to Skip Screening on Trial Basis
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For a brief window of time in April, US passengers arriving at Japan’s Narita (NRT) airport may not have to be re-screened to catch their connections, according to Aviation Wire Japan.
Select travelers from the US who arrive at Narita between April 3 and April 12 will not be required to pass through security at the airport in order to board their connecting flights. This marks the first time passengers won’t need to clear security again after arriving in Japan to make connections.
Makoto Natsume, president of Narita International Airport Company, is looking to make things easier on passengers. While Delta, United and Hawaiian Airlines are eyeing Tokyo’s Haneda Airport (HND) to expand their routes, Narita is looking to position itself so that it has an advantage to offer passengers flying from the US should the trial go well.
For passengers, this trial is only on select flights that originate in the United States. The trial will not apply to passengers flying from Asia back to the US who make their connection in Narita.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured photo by Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.