Naked Alaska Airlines Passenger Detained After Reportedly Running Down Aisle
A passenger on board an Alaska Airlines flight was detained after allegedly running down the aisle of the aircraft and yelling while completely naked.
Johnny Ellis, a former state senator from Alaska, was a passenger on board Alaska Flight 107 from Seattle (SEA) to Anchorage (ANC) on Monday night. According to Ellis’ Twitter, the unidentified man ran “from front of plane to back, yelling and waving,” while naked. Ellis recounts that two “big guys” tackled the man and locked him in the lavatory.
Other passenger accounts detail that the incident happened about 20 minutes before landing at ANC. The flight, operated by a Boeing 737-900 (registration N224AK) landed in Anchorage at 5:50pm local time, according to flight-tracking website FlightRadar24. According to Daniel Roberts, a Yahoo Finance writer who was on board AS107, passengers were scared at first, but many were laughing once the passenger was restrained.
Alaska Airlines spokesperson Bobbie Egan said in a statement Monday night that the flight landed without incident. Shortly before descent into Anchorage, a disruptive male passenger was detained and removed from the aircraft by law enforcement once it was at the gate. He was then transported to a local hospital, Egan said. According to the New York Post, Egan didn’t say whether or not the man was clothed or what led to the incident.
TPG reached out to Alaska Airlines for comment but did not hear back by time of publication.
In February, a naked passenger forced an Alaska Airlines flight — also between ANC and SEA — to return to its origin airport.
Featured image by FG/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees