Naked Alaska Airlines Passenger Detained After Reportedly Running Down Aisle
A passenger on board an Alaska Airlines flight was detained after allegedly running down the aisle of the aircraft and yelling while completely naked.
Johnny Ellis, a former state senator from Alaska, was a passenger on board Alaska Flight 107 from Seattle (SEA) to Anchorage (ANC) on Monday night. According to Ellis’ Twitter, the unidentified man ran “from front of plane to back, yelling and waving,” while naked. Ellis recounts that two “big guys” tackled the man and locked him in the lavatory.
Other passenger accounts detail that the incident happened about 20 minutes before landing at ANC. The flight, operated by a Boeing 737-900 (registration N224AK) landed in Anchorage at 5:50pm local time, according to flight-tracking website FlightRadar24. According to Daniel Roberts, a Yahoo Finance writer who was on board AS107, passengers were scared at first, but many were laughing once the passenger was restrained.
Alaska Airlines spokesperson Bobbie Egan said in a statement Monday night that the flight landed without incident. Shortly before descent into Anchorage, a disruptive male passenger was detained and removed from the aircraft by law enforcement once it was at the gate. He was then transported to a local hospital, Egan said. According to the New York Post, Egan didn’t say whether or not the man was clothed or what led to the incident.
TPG reached out to Alaska Airlines for comment but did not hear back by time of publication.
In February, a naked passenger forced an Alaska Airlines flight — also between ANC and SEA — to return to its origin airport.
Featured image by FG/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.