My Top Six Amazon Prime Day Deals
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Stack Deals to Purchase Amazon Tablets From $9.99 + One Membership Reward Point
Some of the Amazon Prime Day deals end up being even better than expected for reasons I can’t fully explain. For example, Amazon lists the normal price of a base level Fire 7 tablet at $49.99 with a Prime Day offering of $29.99. However, the final price in my cart is just $9.99 plus tax. That’s right, you can purchase a new tablet for $9.99 plus tax. This is exactly how you can easily afford to outfit your family with tablets to use on the airplane without stressing if someone loses or breaks one.
If you want slightly pricier Fire HD 8 tablet, with the Prime Day deals, that price drops from the ‘normal’ price of $79.99 to just $19.99 in my cart. The codes of axpfiretab7, axpfiretab8 and axpfiretab10 are posted on SlickDeals to help you get these prices, but I didn’t enter any codes and those prices still appeared in my cart. While I didn’t enter those codes to see the lowest prices, I did use at least one Amex Membership Reward point. It looks like using a Citi card that earns ThankYou points could score you a discount, too!
Discounted Gift Cards
What’s Amazon Prime Day without some discounted third-party gift cards? You can view the discounted Prime Day Gift Cards here.
Earn $10 to Spend at Amazon Shopping at Whole Foods
If you have Amazon Prime and scan your Prime Code or use your mobile number at checkout in Whole Foods stores in the U.S. between 7/11/18 and 7/17/18 on a single purchase of $10 or more you will earn $10 credit to use on Amazon from 7/16/2018 – 7/18/2018.
The $10 account credit is good for purchases on Amazon.com. Per the terms, it does not apply to Amazon Gift Cards, Prime Now transactions, subscriptions, tax, or shipping costs.
Save $5 on $20 or More Worth of Amazon Books
Use the code PRIMEBOOKS18 to save $5 off your purchase of $20 or more from Amazon Books.
$5 Amazon Promotional Credit With $25 Amazon Gift Card
A no-brainer deal if you shop Amazon regularly is to pick up a $25 Amazon gift card using the code GCPRIME18. That code that will give you $5 in Amazon credit to use by September 2, 2018. The $5 Amazon promotional credit should be deposited in your account within two days. If you have entered everything correctly, this message should display at check-out.
Save 20% on Amazon Using One Amex Point
has been the one that saves you 20% on orders shipped and sold by Amazon when you use as few as one Amex Membership Rewards point. I’ve used this discount multiple times already, but it is not working for me now (maybe because I have used it multiple times). However, I’m seeing plenty of reports from others online that it is still working for them, so it is worth a try to activate the promotion and see if you can get it to work by using at least one Membership Reward point towards your order.
What is your top Amazon Prime day deal?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.