While MoMA Is Closed, This Luxury Hotel Will Let You Learn About its Collection
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of New York’s top attractions — the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) — may be closing this summer as it undergoes the last stage of a $400 million renovation, but the Quin Central Park by Hilton Club is giving visitors a chance to learn about the museum’s incredible collection through a series of talks and exhibitions.
Now a Hilton hotel, the Quin has a long legacy of supporting the arts and played host to some of the 20th century’s greatest artists, including Georgia O’Keefe and Marc Chagall. It has a robust collection of artworks and even hosts artists in residence, including the British street artist Nick Walker, whose work inspired Banksy.
The hotel’s Modern Art Talks series featuring MoMA’s art historians starts Thursday night with a talk on the museum’s current Joan Miró retrospective. Eleven more sessions will take place between now and October, when the museum is slated to reopen. According to Robb Report, “these experts will dissect the works of MoMA artists, and discuss how their ethos intertwines with our larger world.”
Future talks center around topics like art and nature, the modern woman, and masterworks of the collection, which we would venture to guess will include a discussion of Picasso’s “Les Demoiselles d’Avignon” and “Van Gogh’s Starry Night.”
Of course, the Quin is far from the only place where art lovers can get their culture fix in New York City. The Guggenheim is celebrating its 60th anniversary this year with a series of architecture tours illuminating Frank Lloyd Wright’s masterpiece. The Whitney Biennial opens on May 17 with works by 75 artists and collectives. The New Museum is currently showing New York’s first museum survey of the work of Jamaican artist Nari Ward. And there are plenty of galleries in Chelsea and beyond where you can see work by leading artists for free.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image via Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees