This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Actress Molly Ringwald thanked Southwest Airlines on Thursday for helping her father after he had a medical emergency on an Austin-bound flight. Ringwald personally thanked Southwest on Twitter for its “speed and professionalism” and the emergency landing that she claims saved her father’s life.
We all love to publicly vent against airlines but today I would like to thank Southwest Airlines and the doctor who happened to be onboard. They emergency landed the plane for my dad. Because of their speed and professionalism, my father’s life was saved. #SouthWest #gratitude
— Molly Ringwald (@MollyRingwald) April 26, 2018
Her father, Robert Scott Ringwald, a known jazz pianist, was on a Southwest flight to Austin (AUS) when he became ill. A doctor aboard was able to treat him and the flight made an emergency landing in Albuquerque, New Mexico (ABQ), where he was taken to a local hospital. Southwest did not disclose any details of the medical emergency but did confirm to Fox News that the flight safely diverted to Albuquerque (ABQ).
Southwest Airlines responded to the actress by saying “We are so happy to hear that your father was taken care of by our crew today. We would love to follow-up further so that we can recognize our crew.”
As noted by TPG Points and Miles Writer JT Genter, it is important to take the necessary precautions in the event of a medical emergency. Travelers should not be afraid to say something when experiencing or witnessing a medical emergency and should know where to find medical assessment if needed.
H/T: Fox News
Featured Image by Gilbert Carrasquillo / Contributor.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees