This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Actress Molly Ringwald thanked Southwest Airlines on Thursday for helping her father after he had a medical emergency on an Austin-bound flight. Ringwald personally thanked Southwest on Twitter for its “speed and professionalism” and the emergency landing that she claims saved her father’s life.
We all love to publicly vent against airlines but today I would like to thank Southwest Airlines and the doctor who happened to be onboard. They emergency landed the plane for my dad. Because of their speed and professionalism, my father’s life was saved. #SouthWest #gratitude
— Molly Ringwald (@MollyRingwald) April 26, 2018
Her father, Robert Scott Ringwald, a known jazz pianist, was on a Southwest flight to Austin (AUS) when he became ill. A doctor aboard was able to treat him and the flight made an emergency landing in Albuquerque, New Mexico (ABQ), where he was taken to a local hospital. Southwest did not disclose any details of the medical emergency but did confirm to Fox News that the flight safely diverted to Albuquerque (ABQ).
Southwest Airlines responded to the actress by saying “We are so happy to hear that your father was taken care of by our crew today. We would love to follow-up further so that we can recognize our crew.”
As noted by TPG Points and Miles Writer JT Genter, it is important to take the necessary precautions in the event of a medical emergency. Travelers should not be afraid to say something when experiencing or witnessing a medical emergency and should know where to find medical assessment if needed.
H/T: Fox News
Featured Image by Gilbert Carrasquillo / Contributor.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that