Molly Ringwald Thanks Southwest for Saving Her Father’s Life
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Actress Molly Ringwald thanked Southwest Airlines on Thursday for helping her father after he had a medical emergency on an Austin-bound flight. Ringwald personally thanked Southwest on Twitter for its “speed and professionalism” and the emergency landing that she claims saved her father’s life.
We all love to publicly vent against airlines but today I would like to thank Southwest Airlines and the doctor who happened to be onboard. They emergency landed the plane for my dad. Because of their speed and professionalism, my father’s life was saved. #SouthWest #gratitude
— Molly Ringwald (@MollyRingwald) April 26, 2018
Her father, Robert Scott Ringwald, a known jazz pianist, was on a Southwest flight to Austin (AUS) when he became ill. A doctor aboard was able to treat him and the flight made an emergency landing in Albuquerque, New Mexico (ABQ), where he was taken to a local hospital. Southwest did not disclose any details of the medical emergency but did confirm to Fox News that the flight safely diverted to Albuquerque (ABQ).
Southwest Airlines responded to the actress by saying “We are so happy to hear that your father was taken care of by our crew today. We would love to follow-up further so that we can recognize our crew.”
As noted by TPG Points and Miles Writer JT Genter, it is important to take the necessary precautions in the event of a medical emergency. Travelers should not be afraid to say something when experiencing or witnessing a medical emergency and should know where to find medical assessment if needed.
H/T: Fox News
Featured Image by Gilbert Carrasquillo / Contributor.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees