This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Actress Molly Ringwald thanked Southwest Airlines on Thursday for helping her father after he had a medical emergency on an Austin-bound flight. Ringwald personally thanked Southwest on Twitter for its “speed and professionalism” and the emergency landing that she claims saved her father’s life.
We all love to publicly vent against airlines but today I would like to thank Southwest Airlines and the doctor who happened to be onboard. They emergency landed the plane for my dad. Because of their speed and professionalism, my father’s life was saved. #SouthWest #gratitude
— Molly Ringwald (@MollyRingwald) April 26, 2018
Her father, Robert Scott Ringwald, a known jazz pianist, was on a Southwest flight to Austin (AUS) when he became ill. A doctor aboard was able to treat him and the flight made an emergency landing in Albuquerque, New Mexico (ABQ), where he was taken to a local hospital. Southwest did not disclose any details of the medical emergency but did confirm to Fox News that the flight safely diverted to Albuquerque (ABQ).
Southwest Airlines responded to the actress by saying “We are so happy to hear that your father was taken care of by our crew today. We would love to follow-up further so that we can recognize our crew.”
As noted by TPG Points and Miles Writer JT Genter, it is important to take the necessary precautions in the event of a medical emergency. Travelers should not be afraid to say something when experiencing or witnessing a medical emergency and should know where to find medical assessment if needed.
H/T: Fox News
Featured Image by Gilbert Carrasquillo / Contributor.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards