Servicemembers can earn 1 million IHG points with new sweepstakes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
IHG is marking the 10th anniversary of IHG Army Hotels, a collection of hotels located on 40 U.S. military installations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico, by launching a promotion that can earn the servicemember in your life a ton of points.
Here’s what you need to know.
To enter, follow @IHGArmyHotels on Instagram, post a photo and caption of the member of the military recognizing them for their service, tag @IHGArmyHotels, and include the hashtags #sweepstakes, #ihgah10, and #hospitalityforheroes. You can also enter by emailing a photo and caption directly to IHGAHSweepstakes@ihg.com. IHG says active duty, retired military or veterans are eligible to participate. Make sure your Instagram is public so IHG can see entries.
IHG says it will select five winners to win 200,000 IHG Rewards Club points once the sweepstakes ends on Nov. 15. According to TPG’s most recent valuations, 200,000 IHG points are worth $1,000.
If you aren’t one of the five servicemen selected, there are other ways to earn IHG Rewards Club points. The IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card offers a 125,000 bonus points plus a Reward Night after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening. In addition, you’ll earn complimentary Platinum elite status, a fourth night free on reward stays, up to 25X points total on IHG purchases and more. It has an annual fee of $89.
UK-based IHG is one of the world’s hospitality giants, with more than 5,500 hotels and over 850,000 rooms around the globe. From the affordable Holiday Inn Express brand up to the luxury Regent Hotels, the InterContinental Hotels Group has something to offer every traveler, including servicemembers.
IHG offers a “Military Appreciation Rate” at participating locations across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean. The discounts off IHG’s “Best Flexible Rate” vary, with a minimum of 5% at participating hotels. The offer is available to active or retired US or Canadian military personnel, veterans or a dependent family member. Remember to show a valid, government-issued military ID at check-in.
Featured image courtesy of Mark Edward Atkinson/Tracey Lee/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees