Servicemembers can earn 1 million IHG points with new sweepstakes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
IHG is marking the 10th anniversary of IHG Army Hotels, a collection of hotels located on 40 U.S. military installations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico, by launching a promotion that can earn the servicemember in your life a ton of points.
Here’s what you need to know.
To enter, follow @IHGArmyHotels on Instagram, post a photo and caption of the member of the military recognizing them for their service, tag @IHGArmyHotels, and include the hashtags #sweepstakes, #ihgah10, and #hospitalityforheroes. You can also enter by emailing a photo and caption directly to IHGAHSweepstakes@ihg.com. IHG says active duty, retired military or veterans are eligible to participate. Make sure your Instagram is public so IHG can see entries.
IHG says it will select five winners to win 200,000 IHG Rewards Club points once the sweepstakes ends on Nov. 15. According to TPG’s most recent valuations, 200,000 IHG points are worth $1,000.
If you aren’t one of the five servicemen selected, there are other ways to earn IHG Rewards Club points. The IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card offers a 125,000 point welcome bonus after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening. In addition, you’ll earn complimentary Platinum elite status, a fourth night free on reward stays, 25X points total on IHG purchases and more. It has an annual fee of $89.
UK-based IHG is one of the world’s hospitality giants, with more than 5,500 hotels and over 850,000 rooms around the globe. From the affordable Holiday Inn Express brand up to the luxury Regent Hotels, the InterContinental Hotels Group has something to offer every traveler, including servicemembers.
IHG offers a “Military Appreciation Rate” at participating locations across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean. The discounts off IHG’s “Best Flexible Rate” vary, with a minimum of 5% at participating hotels. The offer is available to active or retired US or Canadian military personnel, veterans or a dependent family member. Remember to show a valid, government-issued military ID at check-in.
Featured image courtesy of Mark Edward Atkinson/Tracey Lee/Getty Images
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.