Redeem United Miles for SFO Polaris Lounge Access (and a Free Cookbook)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United’s Polaris Lounges are intended to be exclusive, and they are — access is limited to passengers flying in United Polaris, or those traveling in business or first class on a long-haul flight operated by another Star Alliance carrier. From time to time, there are other opportunities to gain access, though.
Currently, United is offering up tickets to attend a Polaris Cookbook event at the airline’s SFO location. For 5,000 United miles (worth $70 based on our valuations), you can confirm access on Monday, Dec. 10, from 7pm until 10pm.
You’ll be joining other MileagePlus members at a special event in the lounge, including:
- The opportunity to try new menu items from the Polaris Cookbook
- Open bar including beer, wine and cocktails
- One Polaris Cookbook signed by Chef Gulli and Chef McLoughlin
Since this is a special event, it’s possible that you’ll need to remain with the group — in which case you might not be able to wander off on your own — but this auction does offer up a very rare opportunity to experience a Polaris Lounge without booking an eligible (and expensive) business-class ticket.
As of this writing, there are 16 tickets still up for grabs, with just under a week to go until the auction ends. I’d expect them to go quickly, though, so be sure to redeem quickly if you’re hoping to attend.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.