This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United’s Houston Intercontinental Airport (IAH) Polaris Lounge officially opens on June 29, but the airline’s offering frequent flyers an opportunity to visit its latest location two days early, on Wednesday, June 27.
Just as United’s made available with its San Francisco (SFO) and Newark (EWR) lounges, MileagePlus members can purchase a two-hour pass for 2,500 miles — worth $35, based on our most recent valuations.
United’s offering access through three different listings, each with six different two-hour time slots available, with entry every two hours between 9:00am and 7:00pm. Anyone can book a ticket using this link, while elite members can also make a purchase here and customers with a co-branded card, such as the United Explorer Card, can access this listing as well.
Note that while Polaris Lounge access is typically limited to customers in long-haul first or business class, anyone with a 2,500-mile ticket will get access during their requested time slot on June 27. As of the 29th, you’ll need to be traveling on an eligible itinerary in order to get in. You’ll have full access to the Polaris Lounge during this member preview, including dining, full bar, relaxation areas and more.
There are still almost 100 tickets available as of publication, so be sure to check each of the three listings for your desired time slot. They’re sure to go fast, though, so book your ticket quickly if you’re able to attend.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees