This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United’s next Polaris Lounge will open at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) on Monday, June 4, but you don’t have to wait until then to experience the new hangout for yourself.
For that price, you’ll get two hours of access on Friday, June 1, the day after United’s media preview, and three days ahead of the official opening date.
Best yet, you don’t even need to be flying to get in on the 1st — while Polaris Lounge access is typically limited to customers in long-haul first or business class, anyone with a 2,500-mile ticket will get access during their requested time slot on June 1.
Tickets are going quickly, with roughly 70 available as of the time of this posting. Two-hour blocks are available beginning at 8:00am, with the final slot granting access between 5:00pm and 7:00pm. You’ll have full access during that time, including a-la-carte and buffet dining, custom cocktails, rest areas and more.
Each MileagePlus member can purchase a total of two tickets — they’re going fast, so if you want to join, be sure to confirm your spot now.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees