Miles Away: Cape Town, French Polynesia and other can’t-miss Season 1 highlights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s been an absolutely incredible first season for our travel-themed TPG podcast, Miles Away. And, like all adventures, this one too must come to an end. But don’t worry; we’ll be back with a completely reimagined Season 2 very soon, bringing you along on an immersive journey around the world — all on points and miles, of course.
In the meantime, I wanted to share highlights from some of my favorite episodes! First stop: paradise, with former senior writer Darren Murph. Darren and I share our French Polynesia highlights, from an easy Tahiti escape to some of the top resorts in Bora Bora.
Next, we head across the pond to Croatia, one of Europe’s hottest destinations. TPG travel editor Melanie Lieberman and writer Samantha Rosen explain what to expect from the country’s top cities, beaches and national parks.
After a short break, we head across the world to Cape Town, South Africa, with MSNBC anchor Kendis Gibson. Kendis explains why Cape Town is one of his favorite destinations in the world, and why Johannesburg and a safari are certainly worth a spot on a longer itinerary.
Finally, we round out our Season 1 recap with one of America’s greatest road trips, joined by travel expert Lee Abbamonte, one of the youngest people to have traveled to every single country in the world. We chat itinerary options, what expenses you can expect and how to stay entertained on the road.
You can listen to this episode of Miles Away above, or listen and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, including:
Follow me on Instagram to share my daily shenanigans and global travels. And as always, please email me, tweet me or find me on Instagram if you have any questions, thoughts or topics you’d like us to cover on the Miles Away podcast. And don’t forget to subscribe to Miles Away — we’ll be back with a big splash in 2020!
Featured photo of the St. Regis Bora Bora by Zach Honig/The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.