Miles Away: Cape Town, French Polynesia and other can’t-miss Season 1 highlights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s been an absolutely incredible first season for our travel-themed TPG podcast, Miles Away. And, like all adventures, this one too must come to an end. But don’t worry; we’ll be back with a completely reimagined Season 2 very soon, bringing you along on an immersive journey around the world — all on points and miles, of course.
In the meantime, I wanted to share highlights from some of my favorite episodes! First stop: paradise, with former senior writer Darren Murph. Darren and I share our French Polynesia highlights, from an easy Tahiti escape to some of the top resorts in Bora Bora.
Next, we head across the pond to Croatia, one of Europe’s hottest destinations. TPG travel editor Melanie Lieberman and writer Samantha Rosen explain what to expect from the country’s top cities, beaches and national parks.
After a short break, we head across the world to Cape Town, South Africa, with MSNBC anchor Kendis Gibson. Kendis explains why Cape Town is one of his favorite destinations in the world, and why Johannesburg and a safari are certainly worth a spot on a longer itinerary.
Finally, we round out our Season 1 recap with one of America’s greatest road trips, joined by travel expert Lee Abbamonte, one of the youngest people to have traveled to every single country in the world. We chat itinerary options, what expenses you can expect and how to stay entertained on the road.
You can listen to this episode of Miles Away above, or listen and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, including:
Follow me on Instagram to share my daily shenanigans and global travels. And as always, please email me, tweet me or find me on Instagram if you have any questions, thoughts or topics you’d like us to cover on the Miles Away podcast. And don’t forget to subscribe to Miles Away — we’ll be back with a big splash in 2020!
Featured photo of the St. Regis Bora Bora by Zach Honig/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees