This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore has long been a popular tourist destination, even before its newfound Crazy Rich Asians fame. But there’s no question that the city-state has become even more appealing in recent years, especially to tourists from the East Coast, who can once again fly nonstop from Newark (EWR) to Changi Airport (SIN) on the world’s longest flight.
Singapore is also an especially popular destination among members of the TPG team — from reviews of one of the top first-class products to deep dives on the city’s most popular hotels, there are no shortage of opportunities for us to experience the country’s diverse culture. That made Singapore a natural fit for this week’s episode of Miles Away, where global news editor Emily McNutt and reviews editor Nick Ellis join me to chat top flight, hotel and activity options in and around SIN.
You can play this episode of Miles Away above, or listen and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, including:
As Nick explains, Singapore has an awful lot to offer:
“I love the contrast of the hyper modern skyline like, at Marina Bay Sands, and all that kind of stuff, and the Merlion, that whole area. But, then back off the bay is Little India, and Chinatown, and little neighborhoods where you get a really authentic feeling city with a lot of influences from all over the world.”
For more on planning a trip to Singapore, see:
- 3 Ways to Do Singapore on Points
- The Best Ways to Get to Singapore Using Points and Miles
- Not Just Kim and Trump: Why Is Everyone Going to Singapore?
If you have any questions, thoughts or topics you’d like us to cover, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet at me @zachhonig or find me on Instagram — I’m @zachhonig there as well. And please don’t forget to subscribe!
Featured image by Starcevic / Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards