Miles Away: TPG’s Tips For a Quick Trip to Singapore
Singapore has long been a popular tourist destination, even before its newfound Crazy Rich Asians fame. But there’s no question that the city-state has become even more appealing in recent years, especially to tourists from the East Coast, who can once again fly nonstop from Newark (EWR) to Changi Airport (SIN) on the world’s longest flight.
Singapore is also an especially popular destination among members of the TPG team — from reviews of one of the top first-class products to deep dives on the city’s most popular hotels, there are no shortage of opportunities for us to experience the country’s diverse culture. That made Singapore a natural fit for this week’s episode of Miles Away, where global news editor Emily McNutt and reviews editor Nick Ellis join me to chat top flight, hotel and activity options in and around SIN.
You can play this episode of Miles Away above, or listen and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, including:
As Nick explains, Singapore has an awful lot to offer:
“I love the contrast of the hyper modern skyline like, at Marina Bay Sands, and all that kind of stuff, and the Merlion, that whole area. But, then back off the bay is Little India, and Chinatown, and little neighborhoods where you get a really authentic feeling city with a lot of influences from all over the world.”
For more on planning a trip to Singapore, see:
- 3 Ways to Do Singapore on Points
- The Best Ways to Get to Singapore Using Points and Miles
- Not Just Kim and Trump: Why Is Everyone Going to Singapore?
If you have any questions, thoughts or topics you’d like us to cover, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet at me @zachhonig or find me on Instagram — I’m @zachhonig there as well. And please don’t forget to subscribe!
Featured image by Starcevic / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.