Miles Away: Spending a Long Weekend in Auckland, New Zealand
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Outdoor adventurers probably have New Zealand high up on their travel destination wishlists, assuming they haven’t already been. But city lovers might not mind spending most of their time in Auckland, especially on a shorter trip to the South Pacific.
TPG’s Global News Editor Emily McNutt joins me to chat all things Auckland on this week’s episode of Miles Away, from when to visit to where to stay what to do on the ground, including a day trip to the wine hotspot of Waiheke.
You can play this episode of Miles Away above, or listen and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, including:
While Emily has yet to venture beyond Auckland, she’s really loved her time in New Zealand’s largest city:
“I think I’m one of the rare few that have been to New Zealand a couple times, two times, and I’ve only ever been to Auckland. Which is kind of a shame, but it’s also great because I love the city itself. It’s one of my favorite cities in the world, just in the sense that there’s so much to do within the city. Now, of course, there’s so much to explore in New Zealand as a whole, but I think Auckland is a good starting point, especially if you only have, you know, a short time to stay in New Zealand.”
For more on planning a trip to Auckland, see:
- Redemption of the Week: A Holiday Vacation in New Zealand
- TPG Readers’ Best Tips for Visiting New Zealand
- Business Lite: Air New Zealand’s Skycouch From Auckland
If you have any questions, thoughts or topics you’d like us to cover, please email me at email@example.com, tweet at me @zachhonig or find me on Instagram — I’m @zachhonig there as well. And please don’t forget to subscribe!
Featured image of Auckland, New Zealand by Darren Murph.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.