This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Outdoor adventurers probably have New Zealand high up on their travel destination wishlists, assuming they haven’t already been. But city lovers might not mind spending most of their time in Auckland, especially on a shorter trip to the South Pacific.
TPG’s Global News Editor Emily McNutt joins me to chat all things Auckland on this week’s episode of Miles Away, from when to visit to where to stay what to do on the ground, including a day trip to the wine hotspot of Waiheke.
You can play this episode of Miles Away above, or listen and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, including:
While Emily has yet to venture beyond Auckland, she’s really loved her time in New Zealand’s largest city:
“I think I’m one of the rare few that have been to New Zealand a couple times, two times, and I’ve only ever been to Auckland. Which is kind of a shame, but it’s also great because I love the city itself. It’s one of my favorite cities in the world, just in the sense that there’s so much to do within the city. Now, of course, there’s so much to explore in New Zealand as a whole, but I think Auckland is a good starting point, especially if you only have, you know, a short time to stay in New Zealand.”
For more on planning a trip to Auckland, see:
- Redemption of the Week: A Holiday Vacation in New Zealand
- TPG Readers’ Best Tips for Visiting New Zealand
- Business Lite: Air New Zealand’s Skycouch From Auckland
If you have any questions, thoughts or topics you’d like us to cover, please email me at email@example.com, tweet at me @zachhonig or find me on Instagram — I’m @zachhonig there as well. And please don’t forget to subscribe!
Featured image of Auckland, New Zealand by Darren Murph.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees