Miles Away: Your Guide to Spring Skiing Out West
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Way back on Episode 2 of our Miles Away podcast, TPG Family editor Summer Hull (aka Mommy Points) shared some incredibly useful tips for planning a ski trip during peak dates. But what if you don’t mind waiting to hit the slopes until later in the season? Or, in some cases, actually prefer it.
Today, Summer’s back to chat spring skiing with long-time TPG contributor Jason Steele. While Summer’s a frequent visitor to Colorado, Jason actually lives there, and has extensive experience at many of the region’s top resorts.
As Jason explains, there are deals to be had throughout the year — especially if you’re able to plan ahead:
“I like to say a Colorado local would no more pay the window price for a ski ticket than we would pay the sticker price for a car. So I buy my tickets early season before Thanksgiving and if you happen to be out in Colorado between Labor Day and Thanksgiving if you go to any of the ski stores there, they will sell you the lower price tickets that are just a fraction of the walk-up price.”
You can play this episode of Miles Away above, or listen and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, including:
For more on planning a ski trip of your own, see:
- Everything You Need to Know About Packing for a Ski Trip
- 15 of the Best Ski Towns in the US
- Maximizing Points and Miles for a Colorado Ski Trip
If you have any questions, thoughts or topics you’d like us to cover, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet at me @zachhonig or find me on Instagram — I’m @zachhonig there as well. And please don’t forget to subscribe!
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees