Miles Away: Why You Should Freeze Your Butt Off in Scandinavia This Winter
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One TPG favorite is Scandinavia — Norway, to be more specific, including the capital city of Oslo, the outdoor adventure mecca of Bergen and one of the continent’s northernmost cities: Tromso.
On this latest episode of Miles Away, TPG global news editor Emily McNutt joins to share some of her favorite Scandinavia tips as we work together to plan a first trip for Nick Ellis, who manages all of the site’s reviews.
You can play this episode of Miles Away below, or listen and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, including:
Emily clearly has a strong passion for the region:
“I think that there’s so much to Scandinavia. There are so many different places to explore and cities and metropolitan areas that are very modern while also being classic in feel. And, also, of course, the natural beauty that is Scandinavia is unparalleled. It’s unlike anything I’ve seen.”
For more on visiting Scandinavia, see:
- The Trendiest Places to See the Northern Lights Now
- What It’s Like to Experience the Midnight Sun
- 8 Common Mistakes Travelers Often Make in Norway
If you have any questions, thoughts or topics you’d like us to cover, please email me at email@example.com, tweet at me @zachhonig or find me on Instagram — I’m @zachhonig there as well. And please don’t forget to subscribe!
Featured image of the Northern Lights, as captured from a 787-10 Dreamliner.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees