Miles Away: Why You Should Freeze Your Butt Off in Scandinavia This Winter
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On this latest episode of Miles Away, TPG global news editor Emily McNutt joins to share some of her favorite Scandinavia tips as we work together to plan a first trip for Nick Ellis, who manages all of the site’s reviews.
You can play this episode of Miles Away below, or listen and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, including:
Emily clearly has a strong passion for the region:
“I think that there’s so much to Scandinavia. There are so many different places to explore and cities and metropolitan areas that are very modern while also being classic in feel. And, also, of course, the natural beauty that is Scandinavia is unparalleled. It’s unlike anything I’ve seen.”
For more on visiting Scandinavia, see:
- The Trendiest Places to See the Northern Lights Now
- What It’s Like to Experience the Midnight Sun
- 8 Common Mistakes Travelers Often Make in Norway
If you have any questions, thoughts or topics you’d like us to cover, please email me at email@example.com, tweet at me @zachhonig or find me on Instagram — I’m @zachhonig there as well. And please don’t forget to subscribe!
Featured image of the Northern Lights, as captured from a 787-10 Dreamliner.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.