This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton Honors has teamed up with Miles & More — the joint frequent flyer program for Lufthansa, SWISS, Brussels Airlines, Austrian Airlines and others — to offer a pretty enticing promotion with the opportunity to earn extra miles for every stay. From now until October 31, 2018, you can earn 2,500 Miles & More miles for each stay you complete at participating Hilton hotels around the world.
In order to earn the 2,500 miles, you must register on the Hilton promotion page and complete an eligible stay at any participating property by the end of October 2018. The terms and conditions indicate you only need to register for the promotion “prior to completing your stay,” so existing bookings between now and October 31 should count as long as you register for the promotion now. You should even get the bonus miles if you’re staying at a Hilton hotel this very moment, so long as you complete the promotion registration before you check out.
What makes this offer particularly appealing is that you’ll still earn Hilton Honors points for your stay on top of the bonus Miles & More miles. And, not only will you earn base level Hilton Honors points, but you can stack the promotion with the program’s ongoing Double Points promo. That separate offer earns double points on Hilton stays through September 9, 2018, which breaks down so that for every $1 spent, you can expect to receive 10 bonus points in addition to the 10 base points that Hilton would grant you through this program (5 bonus points plus 5 base points for Home2Suite by Hilton and Tru by Hilton).
You must be at least 18 years or older and a member of both the Hilton Honors and Miles & More programs to participate in this promotion. There’s no minimum or maximum number of stays, so you could potentially complete as many stays as possible and earn 2,500 Miles & More miles every time. Note that the following types of stays are ineligible: wholesale/tour operator packages, contracted crew rates, travel agency discount rates and third party websites bookings, among many others. Read the terms and conditions for a full look at the exclusions.
Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, 2,500 Miles & More miles are worth $35. So, if you stack the bonus miles with Hilton Honors points as part of the 2x points promotion, you can walk away with some pretty impressive combined value. Miles & More does pass along carrier surcharges on award bookings, but it’s the only way to book Lufthansa First Class awards more than 15 days prior to departure. You can also use Miles & More to book United flights online, in some cases for solid value and with no surcharges.
Featured image by Julian M. Kheel / The Points Guy.
H/T: Head for Points
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards