Meet the Toddler Who Has Flown Over 100 Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To The Point
Many toddlers have never stepped foot on a plane, but this frequent flying tot has been on more than 100 flights before he turned two years old. He has flown so much that American Airlines recently threw a celebration for him on flight number one-hundred…
My kids fly a lot, but meet the toddler who really flies a lot. In fact, he flies so much that American Airlines recently threw a celebration for him to celebrate his 100th flight at just 21 months old. Twenty-one month old Oliver isn’t trying to set kid flight records, but instead, he is just tagging along with his mom who has a job that requires a bunch of travel. He was born via in-vitro without a legal father, so going along for the ride with his mom (and sometimes a nanny), simply made the most sense for them to maximize family time together.
Oliver even has a favorite TSA agent, he makes choo-choo tracks out of tray tables, uses travel gear such as an FAA-approved CARES Harness and a Mountain Buggy Bagrider, has visited numerous airline lounges, can often be found at the front of the plane, and in 2017 flew the equivalent of three laps around the earth on American Airlines. That’s not bad for a kid who is barely old enough to walk!
— Oliver (@OliDoodles) October 1, 2017
, Oliver’s travels have taken him to Disney World, Jamaica, Grandma’s House, Hong Kong, New York City, California, Denver, and way beyond. He may be DFW based, but thanks to his mom deciding that where she goes, he goes, his world is much bigger than just the great state of Texas.
For his 100th flight last month from Des Moines to DFW (which happened to be DelAAyed), American Airlines put together a fun celebration for him before departure in Des Moines complete with balloons, airport golf cart rides, a trip to the cockpit, and more some gifts.
What an amazing welcome from the @AmericanAir folks @DFWAirport You have made #flightnumber100 one to remember. Special thanks to Johannes, Diana, Heather, and Sue M. We’re off on #flightnumber101 already! pic.twitter.com/ZSFHciOUZf
— Oliver (@OliDoodles) May 14, 2018
In our family, we don’t really track flights closely enough to know which number we are on, but Oliver’s adventures almost make me wish that we did! Hopefully, I can get Oliver’s mom to share with us some fun toddler travel stories and tips, but until then, enjoy his Twitter feed and this cute story done by WFAA.
Do you track your child’s flights? Anyone else around here have a toddler that hit 100 flights before their second birthday?
Feature image by Pedro Andrade / EyeEm / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees