Meet the Toddler Who Has Flown Over 100 Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To The Point
Many toddlers have never stepped foot on a plane, but this frequent flying tot has been on more than 100 flights before he turned two years old. He has flown so much that American Airlines recently threw a celebration for him on flight number one-hundred…
My kids fly a lot, but meet the toddler who really flies a lot. In fact, he flies so much that American Airlines recently threw a celebration for him to celebrate his 100th flight at just 21 months old. Twenty-one month old Oliver isn’t trying to set kid flight records, but instead, he is just tagging along with his mom who has a job that requires a bunch of travel. He was born via in-vitro without a legal father, so going along for the ride with his mom (and sometimes a nanny), simply made the most sense for them to maximize family time together.
Oliver even has a favorite TSA agent, he makes choo-choo tracks out of tray tables, uses travel gear such as an FAA-approved CARES Harness and a Mountain Buggy Bagrider, has visited numerous airline lounges, can often be found at the front of the plane, and in 2017 flew the equivalent of three laps around the earth on American Airlines. That’s not bad for a kid who is barely old enough to walk!
— Oliver (@OliDoodles) October 1, 2017
, Oliver’s travels have taken him to Disney World, Jamaica, Grandma’s House, Hong Kong, New York City, California, Denver, and way beyond. He may be DFW based, but thanks to his mom deciding that where she goes, he goes, his world is much bigger than just the great state of Texas.
For his 100th flight last month from Des Moines to DFW (which happened to be DelAAyed), American Airlines put together a fun celebration for him before departure in Des Moines complete with balloons, airport golf cart rides, a trip to the cockpit, and more some gifts.
What an amazing welcome from the @AmericanAir folks @DFWAirport You have made #flightnumber100 one to remember. Special thanks to Johannes, Diana, Heather, and Sue M. We’re off on #flightnumber101 already! pic.twitter.com/ZSFHciOUZf
— Oliver (@OliDoodles) May 14, 2018
In our family, we don’t really track flights closely enough to know which number we are on, but Oliver’s adventures almost make me wish that we did! Hopefully, I can get Oliver’s mom to share with us some fun toddler travel stories and tips, but until then, enjoy his Twitter feed and this cute story done by WFAA.
Do you track your child’s flights? Anyone else around here have a toddler that hit 100 flights before their second birthday?
Feature image by Pedro Andrade / EyeEm / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.