Flying Through Houston? You Can Meet Astronauts at IAH This Week
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying through Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) this week with some time and space to fill on your schedule? If so, you’re in luck because from July 9 to 11 there are some extra special offerings going on to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing.
In celebration of the of the July 1969 mission when Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first two people to walk on the moon, United Airlines (in conjunction with Space Center Houston) has arranged for presentations from astronauts in IAH’s Terminal E near the United Club between the hours of 11am and 1pm.
Not only will astronauts will be on hand for presentations at 11:15am and 12:30pm daily, but there are also hands-on science labs designed for kids.
The hands-on science labs will include:
- Apollo Landing Location Match — a fun challenge where visitors will study a map of the moon and try to locate Apollo’s landing site.
- Impact Craters — an interactive activity to show how craters are made on a planet’s surface.
- Ozo Bot Lunar Orbit — a program that traces the orbit of Apollo 11 as it left earth, traveled around the moon and back.
These activities are available to ticketed passengers flying through IAH, so make it a point to pop by if you are in the airport on those dates. If that’s not enough, you can continue the out-of-this-world celebration by heading to Ember Tavern and Tanglewood Grill, both within IAH, to enjoy Apollo 11 retro-inspired meals made in consultation with NASA — though no freeze-dried packets are included. Or, just save your cash and duck into the Amex Centurion Lounge in nearby Terminal D for a quick bite when you’re done with the space excitement.
Featured image courtesy Nutkamol Komolvanich / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees