Flying Through Houston? You Can Meet Astronauts at IAH This Week
Flying through Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) this week with some time and space to fill on your schedule? If so, you’re in luck because from July 9 to 11 there are some extra special offerings going on to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing.
In celebration of the of the July 1969 mission when Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first two people to walk on the moon, United Airlines (in conjunction with Space Center Houston) has arranged for presentations from astronauts in IAH’s Terminal E near the United Club between the hours of 11am and 1pm.
Not only will astronauts will be on hand for presentations at 11:15am and 12:30pm daily, but there are also hands-on science labs designed for kids.
The hands-on science labs will include:
- Apollo Landing Location Match — a fun challenge where visitors will study a map of the moon and try to locate Apollo’s landing site.
- Impact Craters — an interactive activity to show how craters are made on a planet’s surface.
- Ozo Bot Lunar Orbit — a program that traces the orbit of Apollo 11 as it left earth, traveled around the moon and back.
These activities are available to ticketed passengers flying through IAH, so make it a point to pop by if you are in the airport on those dates. If that’s not enough, you can continue the out-of-this-world celebration by heading to Ember Tavern and Tanglewood Grill, both within IAH, to enjoy Apollo 11 retro-inspired meals made in consultation with NASA — though no freeze-dried packets are included. Or, just save your cash and duck into the Amex Centurion Lounge in nearby Terminal D for a quick bite when you’re done with the space excitement.
Featured image courtesy Nutkamol Komolvanich / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.