For a number of years, there have been many benefits to linking your M life and World of Hyatt accounts, especially if you have elite status in one program or the other. This is true even if your elite status comes from a credit card, such as the World of Hyatt Credit Card, or was potentially status matched from somewhere else.
Each October, the M life program resets the status levels for most of its members, so if you didn’t re-qualify for status based on your eligible M life spending and gaming, then you may find yourself back at the base Sapphire (non)elite level.
However, World of Hyatt elite status runs on a different timeline. Instead of resetting status levels in October, it resets each year on March 1. This can create an interesting elite status cycle. For our purposes today, this means that it is time to double-check your M life elite status level and match (or rematch) your World of Hyatt status if your M life status has dropped.
We had a TPG staff member test their M life status and it had indeed dropped back to the base Sapphire level. However, since this person has Hyatt Discoverist status from the World of Hyatt Credit Card, they were able to match M life status back up to Pearl.
While hardly life-altering, M life Pearl status will allow you to access the fast-lane at buffets and avoid self-parking fees at the M life resorts that can otherwise cost up to $18 per night.
You can check out the full status Hyatt and M life status match chart below, but note that it goes both ways, so having M life status can help if your World of Hyatt status level drops down the road.
If you only recently matched your Hyatt status to M life, it is possible it did not drop on October 1 as my mom just matched to M life a few months ago and her Pearl status is still intact. But, it is a good time of the year to do a check to make sure your elite status matches are in full and working order. It’s also a good time to register to earn bonus World of Hyatt points while in Las Vegas at M life resorts.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Set your own sign-up bonus with the Discover it Miles card. Any rewards you earn in the first year will automatically be matched at the end of the year and you'll earn an unlimited 1.5 miles on all purchases with no annual fee.
- Intro Offer: Discover will match all the Miles you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically. For example, if you earn 35,000 Miles, you get 70,000 Miles. That's $700 towards travel - $350 for the Miles you've earned plus $350 more with your Discover Match®.
- Earn unlimited 1.5x Miles for every dollar spent on all purchases all with no annual fee.
- No Blackout Dates – fly any airline, stay at any hotel.
- Redeem your Miles as a statement credit towards travel purchases.
- Freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch either on the mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
- Get an alert if we find your Social Security number on any of thousands of Dark Web sites.* Activate for free.
- Rates & Fees