This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re toying with the idea of flying JetBlue to the Caribbean or Latin America, the carrier is hoping a new rebate will coax you into booking a ticket on its site. From now through March 31, 2019, you’ll earn a $25 OmniCard Mastercard Reward Virtual Account when you spend $250 or more on your Mastercard to book a JetBlue flight to the Caribbean or Latin America directly on jetblue.com.
That final bit is key. This is yet another tactic to get you to book direct rather than through an online travel agency (OTA) such as Expedia, Orbitz or Priceline. Airlines and hotels are forced to pay a commission to those agencies each time someone uses one to book a ticket, so they prefer to cut out the middleman and capture all bookings directly.
It’s worth plugging in your ideal dates and destination(s) to make sure a direct booking will be cheapest, factoring in the $25 rebate. The deal does not seem to restrict purchases to The JetBlue Card and JetBlue Plus Card — so long as you’re paying with a Mastercard of any kind, you’re eligible.
Still, it pays to consider one of the aforementioned cards if you find yourself on JetBlue fairly often, as purchases with the airline earn 3x on the no annual fee JetBlue card and 6x on the JetBlue Plus card ($99 annual fee).
All photos by the author.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards