This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re toying with the idea of flying JetBlue to the Caribbean or Latin America, the carrier is hoping a new rebate will coax you into booking a ticket on its site. From now through March 31, 2019, you’ll earn a $25 OmniCard Mastercard Reward Virtual Account when you spend $250 or more on your Mastercard to book a JetBlue flight to the Caribbean or Latin America directly on jetblue.com.
That final bit is key. This is yet another tactic to get you to book direct rather than through an online travel agency (OTA) such as Expedia, Orbitz or Priceline. Airlines and hotels are forced to pay a commission to those agencies each time someone uses one to book a ticket, so they prefer to cut out the middleman and capture all bookings directly.
It’s worth plugging in your ideal dates and destination(s) to make sure a direct booking will be cheapest, factoring in the $25 rebate. The deal does not seem to restrict purchases to The JetBlue Card and JetBlue Plus Card — so long as you’re paying with a Mastercard of any kind, you’re eligible.
Still, it pays to consider one of the aforementioned cards if you find yourself on JetBlue fairly often, as purchases with the airline earn 3x on the no annual fee JetBlue card and 6x on the JetBlue Plus card ($99 annual fee).
All photos by the author.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees