Mastercard Promo: Get $25 Back On Your Next JetBlue Flight By Booking Direct
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
If you’re toying with the idea of flying JetBlue to the Caribbean or Latin America, the carrier is hoping a new rebate will coax you into booking a ticket on its site. From now through March 31, 2019, you’ll earn a $25 OmniCard Mastercard Reward Virtual Account when you spend $250 or more on your Mastercard to book a JetBlue flight to the Caribbean or Latin America directly on jetblue.com.
That final bit is key. This is yet another tactic to get you to book direct rather than through an online travel agency (OTA) such as Expedia, Orbitz or Priceline. Airlines and hotels are forced to pay a commission to those agencies each time someone uses one to book a ticket, so they prefer to cut out the middleman and capture all bookings directly.
It’s worth plugging in your ideal dates and destination(s) to make sure a direct booking will be cheapest, factoring in the $25 rebate. The deal does not seem to restrict purchases to The JetBlue Card and JetBlue Plus Card — so long as you’re paying with a Mastercard of any kind, you’re eligible.
Still, it pays to consider one of the aforementioned cards if you find yourself on JetBlue fairly often, as purchases with the airline earn 3x on the no annual fee JetBlue card and 6x on the JetBlue Plus card ($99 annual fee).
All photos by the author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees