Mastercard Adds New Perks, Savings for Small Businesses
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Mastercard is improving its lineup of benefits for card holders with the announcement of a new small business program. This news comes just weeks after Mastercard overhauled the perks on its consumer cards, adding benefits like a monthly $10 Lyft credit and exclusive discounts at Postmates and Boxed.
The new program, available to Mastercard Business and World Elite card holders, offers discounts to services like QuickBooks and TurboTax and expands the Mastercard Easy savings program.
Here’s a brief summary of the standout new benefits (click here for more details):
- Intuit QuickBooks: Accounting software Intuit QuickBooks Online is available to card holders at a 40-50% discount when purchasing a 12-month subscription of Quickbooks Online (Simple Start, Essentials, Plus, or Advanced) or QuickBooks Self-Employed for small business owners and individuals. Unfortunately, discounts are only applicable for new QuickBooks Online customers.
- Intuit TurboTax: “Eligible small business cardholders will save up to USD 20 on TurboTax federal tax products.”
- 24/7 Business Assistant: “A comprehensive, personalized assistance that provides access to key business services, such as locating tech support or a recruiting service, arranging client dinners, securing a meeting room, or purchasing gifts.”
- Mastercard Easy Savings: Similar to Amex and Chase Offers, this program is one of the more valuable benefits. It offers discounts that can be stacked with coupons or other shopping portal offers. Mastercard says it’s expanding the program with new “premium merchants,” and you can see the full list of savings here. Just make sure to register your card before making a purchase or the savings wont apply.
- Cell Phone Insurance: “Cardholders will be eligible for Mastercard Cellular Telephone Protection when they charge their monthly telephone bill to their Business Mastercard. This benefit covers stolen or damaged mobile phones as well as cosmetic screen scratches.”
Card holders will also be eligible for ID Theft Protection and receipt management in partnership with Itemize Corp.
Only Mastercard business cards are eligible for this program (not personal World Elite versions). Here are a few eligible cards to consider:
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®
- U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards World Elite™ Mastercard®
- The JetBlue Business Card
The information for the CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
While these perks may not feel as exciting as the ones for personal Mastercard credit cards, it’s still great to see Mastercard, a payment network, expand its benefits for small businesses. Some of these benefits are reminiscent of perks banks offer its customers.
Featured photo by Fabian Sommer/picture alliance via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees