Mastercard Adds New Perks, Savings for Small Businesses
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Mastercard is improving its lineup of benefits for card holders with the announcement of a new small business program. This news comes just weeks after Mastercard overhauled the perks on its consumer cards, adding benefits like a monthly $10 Lyft credit and exclusive discounts at Postmates and Boxed.
The new program, available to Mastercard Business and World Elite card holders, offers discounts to services like QuickBooks and TurboTax and expands the Mastercard Easy savings program.
Here’s a brief summary of the standout new benefits (click here for more details):
- Intuit QuickBooks: Accounting software Intuit QuickBooks Online is available to card holders at a 40-50% discount when purchasing a 12-month subscription of Quickbooks Online (Simple Start, Essentials, Plus, or Advanced) or QuickBooks Self-Employed for small business owners and individuals. Unfortunately, discounts are only applicable for new QuickBooks Online customers.
- Intuit TurboTax: “Eligible small business cardholders will save up to USD 20 on TurboTax federal tax products.”
- 24/7 Business Assistant: “A comprehensive, personalized assistance that provides access to key business services, such as locating tech support or a recruiting service, arranging client dinners, securing a meeting room, or purchasing gifts.”
- Mastercard Easy Savings: Similar to Amex and Chase Offers, this program is one of the more valuable benefits. It offers discounts that can be stacked with coupons or other shopping portal offers. Mastercard says it’s expanding the program with new “premium merchants,” and you can see the full list of savings here. Just make sure to register your card before making a purchase or the savings wont apply.
- Cell Phone Insurance: “Cardholders will be eligible for Mastercard Cellular Telephone Protection when they charge their monthly telephone bill to their Business Mastercard. This benefit covers stolen or damaged mobile phones as well as cosmetic screen scratches.”
Card holders will also be eligible for ID Theft Protection and receipt management in partnership with Itemize Corp.
Only Mastercard business cards are eligible for this program (not personal World Elite versions). Here are a few eligible cards to consider:
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®
- U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards World Elite™ Mastercard®
- The JetBlue Business Card
The information for the CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
While these perks may not feel as exciting as the ones for personal Mastercard credit cards, it’s still great to see Mastercard, a payment network, expand its benefits for small businesses. Some of these benefits are reminiscent of perks banks offer its customers.
Featured photo by Fabian Sommer/picture alliance via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.