Courtyard by Marriott Will Pay You $7,500 to Travel to NFL Games
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Football fans, it’s time to rise from your couch cushions, step off the sidelines and show the NFL what you’ve got.
In collaboration with the NFL, Courtyard by Marriott is hiring a football correspondent to attend football games not just around the country, but around the globe. That’s right– no longer will your shouts fall on the deaf ears of a television set. Now, you get the chance to be heard by fellow fans worldwide.
The position, officially titled “The Courtyard NFL Correspondent” was created to further expand on the everyday football fan’s perspective. “This season-long opportunity will allow one fan to travel the world to exciting NFL events – from Mexico City to London to Super Bowl LIII – to report on the passion that unites fans from all over the world, documenting the NFL season from their unique angle,” states the Courtyard Correspondent website.
The Courtyard NFL Correspondent position really hits the sweet spot for people who love both sports and travel. Running until the end of the season, the correspondent will be sent out on four “reporting trips,” covering games in Minneapolis, Mexico City, London and concluding, of course, at the Super Bowl in Atlanta on Feb. 3, 2019. And if that weren’t enough – the correspondent will also be paid a sum of $7,500 with all travel and accommodations covered.
For a more detailed outline on what will be required of the Courtyard NFL Correspondent, make sure to read the application’s terms and conditions.
So what’s the catch? Well, you’ll need to be more than just a casual football fan to land this gig. Aside from looking for someone to represent American football fans, the Courtyard Correspondent must check-off certain requirements. The correspondent must have an eye for creating contact, an extensive knowledge of the sport that goes beyond the basics, a pretty open schedule (as game dates will be scattered throughout the winter and fall), and they must be comfortable on camera. Lastly, applicants must be members in either the Marriott Rewards or SPG loyalty program to qualify.
To apply to be the next Courtyard NFL Correspondent, submissions are being accepted here. The program requests applicants also record and upload a 60-second video of themselves to “highlight [their] NFL expertise” and state your case for why they are the perfect fan to take on this unique experience.
So if you plan on applying, we wish you luck! May this be the start of your illustrious career as a sport or travel on-screen personality.
Featured Image by Brian Ach / Stringer via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees