Courtyard by Marriott Will Pay You $7,500 to Travel to NFL Games
Football fans, it’s time to rise from your couch cushions, step off the sidelines and show the NFL what you’ve got.
In collaboration with the NFL, Courtyard by Marriott is hiring a football correspondent to attend football games not just around the country, but around the globe. That’s right– no longer will your shouts fall on the deaf ears of a television set. Now, you get the chance to be heard by fellow fans worldwide.
The position, officially titled “The Courtyard NFL Correspondent” was created to further expand on the everyday football fan’s perspective. “This season-long opportunity will allow one fan to travel the world to exciting NFL events – from Mexico City to London to Super Bowl LIII – to report on the passion that unites fans from all over the world, documenting the NFL season from their unique angle,” states the Courtyard Correspondent website.
The Courtyard NFL Correspondent position really hits the sweet spot for people who love both sports and travel. Running until the end of the season, the correspondent will be sent out on four “reporting trips,” covering games in Minneapolis, Mexico City, London and concluding, of course, at the Super Bowl in Atlanta on Feb. 3, 2019. And if that weren’t enough – the correspondent will also be paid a sum of $7,500 with all travel and accommodations covered.
For a more detailed outline on what will be required of the Courtyard NFL Correspondent, make sure to read the application’s terms and conditions.
So what’s the catch? Well, you’ll need to be more than just a casual football fan to land this gig. Aside from looking for someone to represent American football fans, the Courtyard Correspondent must check-off certain requirements. The correspondent must have an eye for creating contact, an extensive knowledge of the sport that goes beyond the basics, a pretty open schedule (as game dates will be scattered throughout the winter and fall), and they must be comfortable on camera. Lastly, applicants must be members in either the Marriott Rewards or SPG loyalty program to qualify.
To apply to be the next Courtyard NFL Correspondent, submissions are being accepted here. The program requests applicants also record and upload a 60-second video of themselves to “highlight [their] NFL expertise” and state your case for why they are the perfect fan to take on this unique experience.
So if you plan on applying, we wish you luck! May this be the start of your illustrious career as a sport or travel on-screen personality.
Featured Image by Brian Ach / Stringer via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.